Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Memory Lane

You will never convince me that being anything other than an 80s and 90s kid is the best. Times were simpler and we had the coolest stuff. 

Take a look at what my childhood looked like. For reference, I was born in 83 and started Kindergarten in 89. So most of my memories are from the early 90s. 

Shoes
If anything, I feel like Mom kept my shoe game strong. 

Eastlands- and yes, my shoe laces were just like this! 
Via

Jellies- I had these exact clear jellies. 
Via

Fashion

Colorblocking was on a whole other level than what you see now. I'm pretty sure I had a jacket that was super similar to this. 
Via
And my denim had the bleached look and paint splatters. Yes ma'am! Denim on denim was IT back then.
Via

Toys

I had totally forgotten about these things until I went to Pinterest. So much fun!
Via
This could have been my all time fave toy. I had so many fun creations. 
Via
And these nugget toys! I played with these constantly. McDonalds had the best toys!
Via
School

I never played Heads Up 7 Up with anyone with tattoos, but we played this game on the reg when we had a few minutes at the end of the day. Do kids still play this? I now realize it was a great way for teachers to get silence for a few minutes. Those sneaky biotches. 
Via
Y'all know my love for books, and this was one of my favorites. That, Bernstein Bears, Shel Siverstein....then I moved onto Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High and Fear Street.
Via

And a new Trapper Keeper every year. Like any girl in the know, I had Lisa Frank at first, and then moved onto the 5 Star ones. With my gel pens and super cool pencils. 
Via

Food

Food back then was just better too. Pudding pops in chocolate and vanilla please. But you can keep Bill Cosby.
Via
 And school pizza with corn. For the record, I didn't understand the corn addition then either. 
Via
Television
Like everything else, tv was better then too. Remember Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones. They are the reason I wanted to be a talk show host when I got older. And the game shows! So good!

Via
Via
Why my family never did Double Dare, I'll never know. But I'm mad about it. 
__________________________________________________________________________


So how was that trip down memory lane? There was so much more I could add, but this could literally go on forever, and I just had to end it somewhere!  I had soooo much fun sharing my favorites from way back when with you guys. Check out my Pinterest page, Flashback, for even more cool stuff!

Also, check out Momfessionals linkup to see what other bloggers are reminiscing on here. 




And tell me- what's hanging out on your memory lane?

3 comments:

  1. I love this! So much nostalgia for me because I also was born in 83 and started school around 88-89. The 90s were the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm looking at others' posts and keep saying, "I should have included that!" Such good memories; such good STUFF!

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to be on those game shows!

    ReplyDelete

09 10