Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Crockpot Broccoli & Cheese Casserole


For Mother's Day this year, we decided to eat at home. Roger (stepdad) would grill out, and my sister and I would bring sides and dessert. The tricky part, though, would for it to be ready about 1pm, but still be warm after church. I perused my Crockpot Pinterest page, and found this Broccoli and Cheese Casserole (my fave) that I could make ahead, and it would still be hot by the time we ate. 

This turned out perfectly!

Here's what you need: 
1 box (6 oz) cornbread stuffing
12 oz. broccoli cuts (I used frozen bag and thawed them first)
1.5 cups water or chicken broth
8 oz. (or more) Velveeta- cubed
1.5 oz can Cream of Mushroom soup

Directions
Mix box of stuffing with chicken broth (or water, I used broth). Microwave for 3 minutes, then stir. 

Cube cheese


Mix everything in the crockpot.

It doesn't look very appetizing, but I promise it will be yummy!

Cook on low for 2-3 hours.

Stir everything again, and serve!

Notes: I used the entire small box of Velveeta (16 oz.). I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but it was almost too much cheese. I'll cut back to 8 or 12oz next time I make this. 

It was so so easy to put this together, and very yummy! The perfect recipe for a novice cook like me!

Check out other recipes I've tried on my Mel Cooks tab at the top of the page!

And here's a recipe card for you to print. Simply hover over the image, right click, save as. Then print right from your computer!


Linking this recipe up with Lindsay and others for Tuesday Talk


Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram

and Erika and Ashley for their Tuesday Talk. 

1 comment:

09 10