Monday, April 24, 2017

Taco Pasta Salad

I had a church potluck this weekend, and needed something quick and easy to prepare! I perused Pinterest, as usual when I need a new recipe, and found this Taco Pasta Salad. 



I changed the original recipe a bit to fit my tastes, and also because my grocery didn't have the exact dressing, but it turned out really well. Read on for recipe!


 Here's what you'll need: 
-1 box of tri-color rotini pasta (honestly, any will do)
-2 cups Mexican Blend shredded cheese
-1 bottle spicy ranch
-1 packet taco seasoning
-1 can black beans, rinsed
-1 can corn, rinsed
-1 small can black olives, sliced and rinsed
-1 tub grape tomatoes, sliced
-tortilla strips, not pictured


While pasta is cooking, mix bottle of ranch with taco seasoning. 

Empty cans of beans and corn. Rinse with water. 

As soon as pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. 

Mix pasta with beans, corn, olives, cheese, and ranch.  

I made this the day before, so I waited to put in my tomatoes and tortilla strips. Before serving, I mixed those in. 

This pasta had a great flavor and was a different twist on the normal pasta salads I see, and even typical taco dishes! It would be excellent with some diced grilled chicken for your main meal too!

Check out my other tried and true recipes, including my favorite Caesar Pasta Salad, on Mel Cooks page. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... yum! I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe looks supper easy, but I just have a "thing" about mixing Mexican and Italian!? It's crazy, right?!

    ReplyDelete

09 10