Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happily Laughter After

My mom showed me a facebook video awhile back of this Christian comedian named Chonda Pierce. She spoke of being on a plane with Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and how they were just perfect and it was just disgusting. Well, I laughed and thought, "this lady is funny!"



See. Funny right?

Little did I know that she would be in the next city over the following month. I ended up going and honestly, laughed until I cried. 

Via
I admit that I find vulgar humor funny, in the right time and place. So I wasn't sure how I would like a "Christian" comedian, since I don't know if I've ever really heard one. Let me tell you, she was a hoot.  I may have been the loudest (at laughing) in my area. She talked about real life stuff; her life, her struggles, her relationships. 


And while it was a comedic performance, she spoke a lot about her relationship with the Lord and her faith. It was amazing. She also sang, and she has an awesome voice!  She sang with her guest, Karyn, and they were just so so good. 


I stepped out at intermission and bought my mom and myself Chonda's signed book, Laughing in the Dark. I can't wait to read about Chonda and learn more of her story.


If you have a chance, check out more from Chonda. You won't be disappointed. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Chonda Pierce! She really is funny and I'm glad you got to see her!

    ReplyDelete

09 10