Thursday, March 30, 2017

Graceland

While in Memphis this past weekend, we had a day between games, so we headed to Graceland...along with every other tourist in Memphis. 

Now, let me be clear. I'm not a huge Elvis fan. I can appreciate him and what he did for music, but I've never had visiting Graceland on my bucket list. I'm just like "eh, no big deal."

But when in Memphis..... I mean you have to go, right?

I was excited to see just what this was all about.

Get ready for a picture heavy post; there's just so much to share!

Via



Since I'd never been or even looked into it, I wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arriving, you see these new, modern buildings. Those are the ticket hubs, restaurants, gift shops, etc. 


And the line was long. After getting your ticket, you don't just mosey on over to the house. No, you have to wait for the next opening, which was 1.5 hours from the time we got our ticket.

And we were tired from the night before on Beale St. 

While we waited, we grabbed lunch. I went with Elvis' favortie- grilled peanut butter and banana. I mean, I like peanut butter and banana, but grilled? It was the worst sandwich. It was salty. Just no. Fries were pretty good though.



We had about half an hour to kill before the tour, so we checked out the planes. 








A little wind blown.....


Elvis' actual home is across the street from the planes and cars and check in, so they shuttled us over on a bus. Here's a pic of the grounds from the bus. 

So excited to finally be at the house....some 2.5 hours later.

It is big, but I think I was expecting something much bigger. Beautiful though. 





The living room was gorgeous. I love those deep blues and all of the mirrors.


I mean, couldn't you see this in a magazine now???



The kitchen! I have never seen a kitchen so outdated! You have to remember, this was in the 60s and 70s. I was born in the 80s, so all of this was before "my time". 

TV room in the basement.

So many mirrors!

Very cool game room!

Jungle room

I think this was my favorite part- the horse pastures. Beautiful! No horses out today, but doesn't this remind you of Kentucky?


And here is the meditation area where Elvis and his family are buried. My friend, Meg, (seen in photos in this post) had been before and she said she saw middle aged women weeping over these plots on her previous trip. I mean.....



And that's Graceland. I'm glad we went, experienced it, and can check it off the list of things to do. If you're a fan at all of Elvis, I know you'd enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Another blogger I follow was just in Memphis with her husband. I guess it was the place to be last week. ;)

    ReplyDelete

09 10