Thursday, March 2, 2017

February Book Review

I feel a little sad that I only got through 2 books for February. What have I been doing with my life????



Someday, Someday, Maybe
Lauren Graham

A struggling actress in New York is trying to beat her "dead line" of becoming an actress. 

This book is why I only read two books this month. I'll be honest, this was tough to get through. 1. It's set in 1994, so it's strange to read about this young girl using a fax machine, and hearing about what 90s clothes she's wearing. 2. It just wasn't good. I felt like it was boring, slow, and characters weren't the most likable. 

I really wanted to like this because Lauren Graham (the actress who played Lorelei on Gilmore Girls) penned this, but I just couldn't make myself. I only finished it because I hate leaving books unfinished, but it just wasn't enjoyable. Sorry, LG. 




Behind Closed Doors
B.A. Paris


This couple seems to have the perfect marriage. But no one can even imagine what goes on behind closed doors. 

A friend of mine let me borrow this with a warning: it's a little weird. Oh man, was she right?! When I first started, I wasn't sure what was happening. It was a little weird, and I was like "oh great, another book to get through." Let's just say I read this in 2 nights. Couldn't put it down. 

If you've read any of my reviews in months past, you probably know that I like books with a twist. Ones that surprise me in the end, and leave me closing the book with my jaw on the floor. This book did just that. I texted my friend shocked, and she said, "I told you." I then proceeded to tell every single person I knew about this book. 

I got this text from a friend in book club, "I blame all of you for the fact that I was awake at 3am reading, Behind Closed Doors."

I'm telling you, whoa!



The One Year Bible


Still reading this one. With my schedule, it's getting harder to keep up with this every day, and I'm finding myself catching up on a lot during the weekends. I'm trying to keep going though, because this is something I really want to do. 


What are you all reading this month? 
Have you read Someday, Someday, Maybe or Behind Closed Doors? 


Keep up with what I'm reading on my Mel Reads tab at the top of the page 
or  on my Goodreads page

5 comments:

  1. Behind Closed Doors is definitely one that will keep you up at night until you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behind Closed Doors has been my favorite read of the year! I read it in a single afternoon. I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, Someday Maybe is waiting for me on my Kindle, and now I'm a little nervous to start it! Okay, Behind Closed Doors...was the twist one that makes you feel like you hate the characters and didn't know them at all? Because I hate books that mess up the main/likable characters in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Behind Closed Doors sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up Behind Closed Doors and now I'm even more intrigued to read it!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10