Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. 
Ughhhhhhh. 
The worst day of the year for singles. 

I woke up with some sweet texts from my Mom and sister, but let's be honest- it didn't make me look forward to the day set aside every year for couples everywhere. 

Opening my social media accounts didn't help either. Declarations of love me want to vomit. And also crawl under the covers for 24 hours. 

Facebook was littered with the "I love us." profile pictures. And it gave my cynical mind an idea.

Example. And yes. I do  love that little nephew of mine something fierce!

So to celebrate the day, I decided to share some "I love us." pictures with you all; pictures depicting my true loves for the day. 













The day I hate was almost terrible. People asking where my Valentine was, what exciting plans I had later, blah blah blah. What a way to make this single girl feel worse? 

Until...I was getting ready to walk out the door, when I had some flowers delivered from some sweet friends who knew I would need a pick-me-up. I had discussed with them several times already how holidays (any holiday) is tough for me as a single gal. And they ever-so-sweetly remembered me on this day. 


I then went to dinner with one of my besties to celebrate her birthday (which she had celebrated her birthday/Valentine's day with her husband over the weekend). We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings, watched the first half of the UK game, and got our shopping on afterwards. 

 Great Friends (and family too).
 I'm so lucky to have them make me feel less lonely in this big ole thing called life. 
And Valentine's Galentine's Day. 

2 comments:

  1. There ya go, Sister! Way to throw it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute with your "I love us" pictures :) I'm glad you have such great friends to make you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10