Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hand Lettering Class

You guys know I've been practicing hand lettering for a few weeks, right? So when I saw that a gal I know was hosting a hand lettering class, I immediately signed up. Y'all know my love for classes. 

I arrived and was instructed to sit at the seat with my name. Cute, right?

We started out practicing simple strokes with our Sharpie. 

Then we moved onto letters of the alphabet, and eventually words. 

When we got to the end of the packet, we saw our little "you finished the class, here's your takeaway...." prize. The cutest hand painted clipboard!

This is where things got scary. We were to write our own name on the clipboards. BY MYSELF! Ahhhhh. So I practiced on the table. And I was so nervous, I misspelled my own name. Yep. Sure did. 

While not certainly not the best, the flower and paint make it adorable!

Big thanks to Ms. Ashley at Adorably Shabby for hosting, teaching us how to letter, and for our adorable clipboard and packet! You are super talented, lady!

Bee Tee Dubs- Ashley is super talented and has made several signs for me (personalized and pre-made). She does custom work too. Check her out on Instagram to see all of her craftiness! And if you're local, she has marketplace days too!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I think you did great! And how funny that you spelt your name wrong. Haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!! I love all the classes you take and am so jealous we don't have any around here! Your clipboard is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

09 10