Monday, February 27, 2017

Brandi's Red Velvet Cake

My mom's favorite cake is red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. So I persuaded my friend, Brandi, who makes the absolute best, moistest red velvet cake you've ever tasted, to bake her one for her birthday. 

She finally agreed, and I even offered to help her...because I was feeling guilty sitting in her kitchen while she labored for my dear mother. "Ummm... no. I'm afraid you'll mess it up." Apparently she's heard, and read, about my failures in the kitchen. 
Me with the Brandi the Baker

She baked the cake, made the icing, put it together and sent me on my merry way. And the next night when I took it to my mom's birthday dinner, everyone absolutely raved about how yummy it was. 


While the cake mix is extremely light and fluffy, the key is the icing. Y'all. I could probably eat an entire bowl. It's that good!

What you'll need: 
1 box of Betty Crocker red velvet cake mix with pudding
1 block cream cheese- softened
4 ounces unsalted butter- softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Bake cake according to directions.
2. Cool completely. 
3. Cream together cream cheese and butter. 
4. Mix in powdered sugar.
5. Finally mix in vanilla.
6. Spread frosting on the cake. 
7. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!

*Note- Brandi says she doesn't really measure out the sugar and vanilla exactly. She just throws in, mixes, and then tastes. She's made the recipe a bazillion times
Pin this image!
That Brandi. She can make a mean cake. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cut myself a slice of cake!

Before I go, here's a nice little recipe card for your collection. Simply right click, save as, and then print! Or you can pin this recipe on pinterest for easy access!


1 comment:

  1. Cakeman is one of the best Online Cakes provider in Wadgaonsheri, We’re having the best Red Velvet Cake.

    ReplyDelete

09 10