Monday, January 16, 2017

What A Day That Will Be

This post is quite a bit different from what I usually share. While I don't try to hide my faith, I usually don't use this platform to talk about it. I think God had other plans today. 

I was in church yesterday, and our closing song was "What a Day That Will Be," and I was just singing along. Before I knew it I had tears in my eyes, and they started falling. I tried wiping them away discreetly, I tried biting my tongue to stop the crying, but they kept coming. 

I think the lyrics really hit me. If you aren't familiar with the song, here are the lyrics.

There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be


I started thinking about my life and how hard it can be. About my grandparents who have passed on. My aunt, who suffered so much with cancer and is no longer sick and in pain like the like states. It just hit me. I'm so so glad that when I die, I know that Jesus will be waiting on me. What a glorious day that will be!

I'm not really sure why I'm being led to share this, but it's been on my mind since yesterday. Maybe it's because I've been reading The One Year Bible daily, or because I am in the midst of Sophie Hudson's Christian based book, Giddy Up, Eunice. Or maybe because God just touched me in the middle of that song. And maybe all of this transpired so I could share this with you all. I don't know the reason. But I'm sharing anyway. 

Have you ever had an emotional response to a song like that? 

3 comments:

  1. God's sweet spirit is moving in your life! I look forward to the day when I'm with my Savior, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good song! I am moved all the time by songs for Him. Oh the things we have to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. "You never let go" by Matt redman had the same effect on me several years ago. Check it out- I bet you would love it! Xo

    ReplyDelete

09 10