Thursday, January 26, 2017

Mel's Easy Chili

Sharing my super duper, quick and easy chili recipe today. This is my go-to because I can leave it in the crockpot overnight and by morning the flavor is so so good!


The best part? Not many ingredients! If you're like me, a lot of ingredients overwhelm me and I usually just skip over the recipe. This one only has like 6, and the only thing you have to prepare is the hamburger meat!

Ingredients
-1 can hot chili beans
-1 can kidney beans
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
-1 lb. hamburger meat
-1 packet of chili seasoning
-1/2 can water
-salt to taste
-noodles, optional



 Directions
First, brown the hamburger meat. You can season the meat if you want in this step with some garlic powder, salt, etc. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  


While the hamburger is browning, chop the onions. 

Put your beans, tomatoes, onions, meat, and seasoning in the crockpot and mix it really well. 

I usually cook mine overnight on low, so that when I wake up in the morning, I can put in a bowl for lunch at work. However, this could cook all day and be ready for you when you get home!

Save this image to Pinterest so you can find it easily!
This chili is seriously so easy and it really does have a lot of flavor, despite not having a ton of ingredients. If you try it, I'd love for you to let me know what you think!

Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Share it below!

Look! I even added a recipe card of the chili. Right click, save, and print right from your computer!


3 comments:

  1. Chili is one of my favorites and this sounds super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love chili! I have a chili recipe that I'm planning on posting next month. Must be this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is literally my same chili recipe! I think we're soul mates! Ha! Looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10