Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Mel's 3rd Annual Friendsmas

I hosted my 3rd annual Friendsmas this past Friday night with a handful of my favorite friends. 

I created invitations, because aren't they so much more fun than an ole Facebook invite?

My "theme" for this party was black, white, and gold. 


I made my favorite punch: Hawaiian punch, pineapple juice, and ginger ale. 


And I was super excited to use my new tiered stand. 

 To get the party started, we played the Saran Wrap game. You basically wrap a bunch of small items in a huge ball of Saran wrap. The trick is to wrap an item or two, cut the wrap, and then to keep rolling. Otherwise, one person can unroll the entire ball at once. I put a $15 Starbucks gift card in the middle to keep things at a faster pace. 

To play the game, one person is rolling two dice. They keep rolling until they roll doubles. While they roll, the person to their right is trying to unwrap the Saran Wrap ball. When the person rolling the dice rolls doubles, everything shifts to the left, so that the person rolling the dice, then gets the Saran Wrap ball. Whatever you unwrap, you get to keep!

We had so much fun with this. It was fast paced, and kind of irritating because as soon as you would get the corner unwrapped, the person rolling would get doubles and you lost the ball. So much fun though. 

It's even more fun to put random items in the wrap. I had candy, tea bags, Arby's sauce, some naughty items, and of course, the gift card in the middle. 



Poor Erin never got a good start because Whitney kept rolling doubles so soon. Take that girl to Vegas!


They see the gift card and things get crazy! Haha. When it got this close, I skipped my turn, because I didn't want to win my own game. 

We played some card games; That's What She Said, What Do You Meme, and Drunk, Stoned, or Stupid. You guys. Some of these cards were a little vulgar, but I can't tell you  how much fun they were. We laughed until we cried!

So so glad my sweet friend, Whitney, my Kindergarten BFF, drove down from Louisville to attend. 

One of the cards in What Do You Meme. You see the meme card and each person chooses a card from their hand that best goes with the meme. 


After 3 games, Meg finally won a round!

My favorite part of the night was doing our Favorite Things Party swap. 

I had this set up as soon as you come in the door.  


Each person explained their item and why it was their fave, and then drew 5 names out of the jar. If the person drew their own name they put it back in the bowl. We also didn't allow anyone that had already been drawn receive the same item twice. 


Bridget brought a scarf and gloves set.

Meg brought a $5 Starbucks gift card. 


Erin brought $5 gift card to her favorite (and mine too) Mexican restaurant. 

Melinda brought Bath and Body Works soap with some Ferrero Rocher chocolates. (YUM)

My name was drawn and I was legitimately so excited. Each and every gift was such a good idea!


Celesta brought OPI nail polish. 

Brandi brought velvet hangers, which I'm obsessed with!

I ended up buying a 2 set of stemless wine glasses with gold polka dots from Target Dollar Spot ($5 each) so it was perfect!

And this is what I ended up keeping. Such good gifts, right?!?!?


My sweet friend, Whitney. Friends since we were 5!

Whitney, our 3rd amigo, Megan, and Me.


Bridget and I were also Kindergarten besties. 

And the gang. Every one of these people were at my very first Friendsmas (except for Meg who has been sick both years). I wish I could invite twice this many, because I have some pretty awesome friends, but I just don't have the room in my little house!

And that's Friendsmas! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how fun! I want to come! Haha.

    My friends and I are big game lovers so I just added that Drunk game to my Amazon cart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you just come on down to Kentucky!

      The Drunk Stoned or Stupid game was fun, but hard to play with a random mix of friends. They all don't know each other well, so it was hard to play at this gathering. So fun though!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun party! Loved seeing your snaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I'm sure I would have been embarrassed if I'd gone back to look at them!

      Delete

09 10