Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Recap

It's Tuesday, the last day of the month, and I'm going to recap January! If you've missed some posts, here's where you can catch up on all of the fun stuff!

First, I've really been working on practicing my lettering and faux calligraphy, as seen above!  A little shakey, but practice makes perfect, right?

I brought in the new year with some awesome friends and spent the day with my pretty amazing family!



I started the year out by choosing a word for 2017. My word is JOY.  I felt like I did pretty well with my word for 2016, so I continued again for this year.


 I held my 3rd Anuual Friendsmas Party with a group of my closest friends. This group was with me on my 1st Friendsmas, so I've kept the same guest list. We did a Favorite Things Party this year, and I can't wait to do another one!


 I shared a few recipes this month, including one for Taco Dip





And my favorite chili recipe.



Yesterday I shared the books I've read this month, and my review of each. 


I'm still reading The One Year Bible, although I missed yesterday, so I will double up tonight. 


I shared 17 goals for 2017, and hope to continue to work towards those!



We celebrated my sweet friend, Melinda's, birthday in January and had fun shopping, eating, and drinking (Starbucks)!


And I attended a super fun painting party at Chick-fil-a that featured a BUFFET! Highlight of my entire month, right there!

I got to spend a lot of time with this sweet girl. Anytime with her and my nephew is always a plus!

I did a lot of linkups this month; I love linkups if you haven't noticed!
10 on the 10th: 10 Random Facts- this seems to be a favorite type of post for my readers!


I checked out my stats to see what my most popular post for January was, and it was the recipe I shared for Mac N Cheese back in December! Apparently, people are still coming over and checking it out!


I'm ending the month with a little giveaway too. Check out yesterday's post on my book reviews, and see what I'm giving away in that post!


I've just had the best month you guys! Here's to hoping the rest of 2017 is as good as January has been to me!

4 comments:

  1. Your handlettering is looking awesome!! I need to go enter the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! :) Going to a class tomorrow to hopefully better my skills!

      Delete
  2. You've had a big month. I'm heading to check out that mac and cheese recipe right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I want to make it and eat it like right now!

      Delete

09 10