Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, my friends. 

As usual, I'm sharing my favorite things from the week. Sit back and enjoy!


I finished this book this week, and omg you guys! So so good! Pick this up fast!


Seeing my sweet niece "reading" 'Twas the Night Before Christmas was pretty special. I love this book, and I love that she "reads" her own story. 

This was a big Golden Book I found at Homegoods. Super cute and good for little readers and listerners.



I got a free Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks on Monday thanks to Brittany Young's #beablessing campaign. And I paid it forward! Thanks Brittany!



I did a light pattern mixing this week, and I think I have my  new favorite outfit: stripes and buffalo plaid! Super cute, right?

||Similar Scarf||


I bought this sign as part of @AdorablyShabby's 12 Days of Christmas event. I love this verse and her work. 
||Similar sign||


This Agnes and Dora outfit was a fave this week too. Love these leggings!


I made chili one night this week in the crockpot, and it was ready to go the next morning. I had plenty, and didn't mind eating leftovers because it was soo good! Simple recipe coming soon!


I gots me a haircut this week, and I love being in the salon. It's just fun, and I'm a little jealous that people get to do this every day! Of course, it looks nothing like this now. Salon hair never looks the same again!


That same night, I went with my church to area nursing homes to sing Christmas carols. It was fun to get out with this bunch to share some Christmas spirit!

I've been trying to learn how to do faux calligraphy. I've still got a long way to go, but this isn't too terribly bad, right?


Garcia's last night with book club. My favorite restaurant! #gimmeallthecheesedip


I always order my sister, niece, nephew, and dog an ornament every year for Christmas. Poor Mia isn't with me anymore, but I still got her an ornament. Miss her so much. :(



We held a book swap with book club last night for Christmas and it was so much fun. I'll share details later, but I got this book, and can you believe I've never read it? I started it last night, and am anxious to join the rest of the world in the phenomenon. 

And those are my faves from the week! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Was Jodi Picoult's book good?! I've read almost all of her books but haven't checked this one out yet! Love that you got to sing Christmas carols! I have always wanted to do that but I don't have anyone else who's interested. Totally puts you in the Christmas spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise JUST finished that book in her reading class and her final was on it. I read a few chapters to her and didn't care for it. Hope you like it better! Loved your pattern mixing! Enjoy your last weekend before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

09 10