Monday, December 19, 2016

Favorite Book Exchange


A few weeks ago, I texted the members of the book club I'm involved in, and suggested we do a Favorite Book Exchange at our December dinner. 

Here's how it would work: 

Simple, right?

We had that dinner last week, and it was such a neat idea! It was fun seeing what others chose and hearing why it was their favorite. 

I brought Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. 
It's nothing like Patterson has written. It's a love story. It's emotional! I've read it at least 5 times, and I've cried (read: boohoo'd) every single time! There's a major twist, of course, that makes it even that more special. Just a good romance novel!

And here are the books I received.

My Sister's Keeper  by Jodi Picoult


I've read this one, but didn't have a copy. Excited to add this to my shelf and to read again in the new year!

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis


Unlike everyone else on the planet, I'm not familiar with and haven't read The Chronicles of Narnia. Any of them. This is a small book, written for children, so I'm sure I can finish it in no time. I'll be back soon with a review!


A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving



Well the cover alone is one I love! Like before, I've never read anything by John Irving, and while this is much bigger than the Narnia series, I plan to read this one soon too. Kathy did a wonderful job explaining the premise, and it sounds SO good!

I was so excited to do this book exchange, and I'm glad the other ladies hopped on board. We only had 4 to come last night, so shopping was easy. However, if you have a big group you want to do this with, maybe only bring 5 copies (or whatever you agree on) and draw names for the books. Fun, right?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds so fun! I've never heard of, A Prayer for Owen Meany. Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have so many on my nightstand to read, but I hope to get to it soon!

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome idea!! I'm kind of jealous.

    ReplyDelete

09 10