Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Recap

Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm back at work, and I can't say I'm too thrilled. I'd much rather be resting at home and playing with all of my new goodies!

Friday night, my sister and I had Christmas with my Dad. We met at Cracker Barrel for dinner, and oh my goodness, it was so good. CB is my fave!




My sweet Nanny felt good enough to come with us. 


However, she still needs to practice her selfie game. ;)


This cutie has it down though!


Nanny also couldn't get the concept of Snapchat. Bless her. Haha. It was fun trying to show her though!


Back at Nanny's for gifts. Raelyn found the bowl of Bugles, so I had to teach her the witch finger game. How has she never done this?!?!? So much fun!


The Smith family!


I didn't have any plans Saturday for Christmas Eve, so I spent the day cleaning (a bit), lounging, eating leftovers, watching Christmas Vacation and Home Alone, and dog-sitting.  A nap was on the schedule, but believe me, you don't get one with Opie in the house.


On Christmas morning, I had a birthday party for Jesus for the children's Sunday School class I teach. We had donuts, made Christmas ornaments, and sang Happy Birthday. Amidst the chatter of what Santa brought, we remembered the real REASON for the season!




I spent the day lounging at my parents house, and there may or may not have been a looooong nap thrown in. 

That night, my sister's family came over and we ate dinner and opened presents. 


Nothing sweeter than a sleeping babe.


Entertainment by the most rambunctious 4 year old and her new guitar. 


Snacks provided by a new Easy Bake oven. 



After a long day, pictures were the last thing these kiddos wanted to do.


So blessed to call these people my family.

And the 4 year old insisted on a silly pic. I think we do it well!


My Christmas day attire. A LuLaRoe Carly (it shimmers!!!), an Agnes and Dora vest duster, leggings, booties, and a statement necklace!


While I got lots of gifts that were amazing, way more than I deserved, this one just might be my favorite. My brother-in-law  used to work with a guy who paints. He posted about these painted ornaments, so my sister sent him a picture (my favorite picture) of Mia and he painted her portrait. How sweet is this? I will cherish this forever. 


Like me, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas spent with your families and friends. I can't wait to see what 2017 brings us!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful gift! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO thoughtful. Thank you; to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a good Christmas! What a sweet gift... it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a great Christmas. My family loves Cracker Barrel, too. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

09 10