Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Best Books of 2016

Reading is one of my favorite things to do. There's nothing better than being lost in a good book. So when I saw Steph's link-up for sharing the best books for 2016, I knew I wanted to share with you all!


In no particular order....

by Jodi Picoult


I finished this book this month, so I haven't done a review on it for you all, but it had to be on the list. Picoult has a way of making you feel for even the characters you hate. She brings the subject of racism to a light I've never seen or thought of. Very interesting read! 
 by JoJo Moyes


What a sweet, emotional, subtle story of life and love and tragedy. I was late to the party on this one, but so so glad I picked it up at the library. So good. I can't wait to read the sequel. 
by Sophie Hudson


This was the first book I've read by Hudson, and she just hits a home run with it. I'm typically not a fan of non-fiction, but this is just so not like anything else I've read. Hudson shares stories of her life, her faith, and makes every story funny. If you need a feel-good, light read, choose this! We've chosen another Hudson book for our next book club read, and I just can't wait to dig in!
by Mary Kubica

Oh my goodness. I can't believe this one ended up after Hudson because they are so different. If I've ever had a book that had me on the edge of my seat wanting more, this is it. Suspense. Love. Hate. Slap you in the face twist at the end. I just can't recommend this book enough, and I believe I have told everyone about it. If you haven't read this, put it on your list immediately! 

Have you read any of these? What did you think? If you haven't, which seems most interesting to you?

I have been participating in the GoodReads Reading Challenge the past few years, and I set a goal to read 20 book this year. I blew it out of the water with 31 read, and will finish another today. 32 books! Check out my "bookshelf" on Goodreads here

And of course, you can check out my Mel Reads tab at the top. I try to keep it up to date with what I'm reading too, but sometimes forget. Oops! 

Linking up with Life According to Steph for Favorite Reads of 2016.

Life According to Steph

6 comments:

  1. Small Great Things, Me Before You and The Good Girl are all on my TBR. I admit Small Great Things makes me a bit nervous because the subject matter will hit me hard but I've heard so many great things about it. I know Picoult handles it superbly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Good Girl kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of The Good Girl is super familiar and I know I've seen it around a bit, but I had no idea what it was really about, so I'll definitely have to look into it the next time I'm in the mood for something suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Jodi Picoult book is on my list for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Good Girl has been on my list for a while. I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had Small Great Things since the end of October, hoping to get to it this month as I make my way through books I already own.

    ReplyDelete

09 10