Thursday, November 17, 2016

Party Games

The holidays are quickly approaching, and one of my favorite things to do with a big group is play a fun game! Before kids and life got crazy, I had a group of friends that often held game night. Pizza, appetizers, drinks, and games that would make us laugh until we cried. Those were some fun times.


Today I'm going to share some games that you need to order immediately! 

I thought everyone knew of this game until someone at work told me they'd just ordered it. What?!? 
This is the funniest game for horrible people. And let's be real, we are all horrible. 



It's very similar to Apples to Apples, but has some pretty terrible cards, so don't play this with your children. The judge draws a card, and everyone answers that judge's card with one of their cards, but anonymously. The judge chooses the best card and the winner keeps the card. After a person gets 7 cards (or lower if it's taking a long time), that person wins!

For example: 
The judge's card could read "I drink to forget _____."
Some of the cards given to him could read...
.... my last marriage.
....a battlefield amputation.
... my dog that got ran over.



I just learned of this game today, and I ordered it within 5 minutes. I can't wait to play this game at my annual Friendsmas Party.



So this game is the total opposite of Cards Against Humanity. But similar in that it's for horrible people! Haha. Here's how it goes- the judge draws a card with a statement. Everyone in the group goes around and tells who they think the card matches and tells why. The judge chooses the best response and gives the person that was nominated (and won) the card. The person with the most cards essentially loses (wins). 

Example: The person most likely to fall asleep with a half eaten burrito in bed.
Person A. I choose Bob because he eats a lot. 
Person B. I choose Terri because she sleeps a lot. 
Person C. I choose Amy  because she's gross. 

Something like that. I can't wait! :)

This one looks so fun! I love Charades and Pictionary anyway, but this is the reverse! The whole team acts out the card for one person to guess. This is on my wishlist!



Examples: pie eating contest, photography, swim competition

I know you all have played this back in college at parties, but this one is for now. Because it's still fun! Heck, even Ellen plays this on her talk show, so you know it's a good one!



Examples: called an ex while drunk, broken up with someone via text, ate a taco while driving

This is like the Game of Things, but for pervs. And I'll be honest, I'm not above crude humor. 


But if you are a little more classy than me, and want to keep it rated pg, here is the original, that is just as much fun! Promise!

So there you have it! Games I love and/or have on my wishlist to try with my friends. Grab some pizzas or buffalo chicken dip, some margaritas, and a slew of friends to play these games, and you'll all be in the floor laughing! But be sure to invite me too!


Also, don't forget to enter to win a copy of Commonwealth by Ann Patchett! Go to yesterday's post to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10