Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Glass Art Class

A few days ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a glass art class. 

And let me be honest, I was so nervous! 

1. I'm not crafty or artistic. At all.
2. It was a little pricier than most other classes, so I wanted it to be perfect!
3. I couldn't decide, for the life of me, what to create. Like people were gathering their glass pieces, and I was still trying to narrow it down. 

It was held at The Paint'n Place in Bowling Green, KY. 



I think it is essentially a place where you can choose pottery to decorate for yourself or gifts. 


And they host parties too, for kids' birthdays and adult parties, etc.



Seriously a cool place. And here are some examples of what they have in their shop. 





Our sweet host, Elizabeth, had snacks set up for us. Delicious!
And see that colorful platter of red, white, and green? That dip is amazing! Find the recipe is here


Bins and bins of broken glass.

These are the final 2 I was deciding on. A girl under an umbrella, because I love those scenes.

And a mason jar of flowers, to match the print in my dining room. 


Why did make such a big deal? No idea, but I worried about it for a week! Haha

Here is our host, Elizabeth, of Elizabeth Rhodes Studio talking to us about the process.




My friend, Kathy, choosing her glass.


And Amelia choosing her glass.


While other friends were picking up glass for their designs, I finally chose mine. The girl with the umbrella! Thanks to everyone for helping me decide!

I sketched it out, but didn't like it, so Ms. Elizabeth helped me.


Here I am cutting glass! Scary!



I'm putting this piece in my reading room with the leopard chair, so I chose to do a brown umbrella. Luckily, Elizabeth had some glass that looked like animal print, so it will match perfectly!


The original I saw had dark blue dress. My walls are coral, so I almost went with a orange/pink dress since they didn't necessarily have coral glass. Then I thought this blue was beautiful, and it would be a nice pop of color in that room. 


Elizabeth cut the "skin" pieces for me; the neck, arms, and legs!





Amelia assembling her Scottie dog.


Tonya working on her Disney castle.



I also added some "rain" drops to my piece. 

Here's Kathy's vase of Sunflowers.


Amy's beach scene.


Look how cute Kathy is in here own apron! 


Amelia's Scottie dog is coming along!

Bethany's castle


Another beach scene

Will's truck with a Christmas tree.


He's the cutest and has the best personality!


Macy's Kentucky


A tractor, perfect for her farmhouse.


Amelia finished her Scottie dog! Look how cute!


And my finished piece. 


After we left, Elizabeth will pour apoxy on top to seal everything. We'll get these back at the end of the day. I can't wait to see!

Here I am with Elizabeth. 


And here are the over-achievers- me, Amelia, and Kathy. We finished up and headed home. 


I can't tell you how much fun we had creating this glass art. I cannot wait to display this piece, made by me, in my home!

If you are close to BG, you need to check out The Paint'n Place and Elizabeth's designs. She is phenomenally talented and I can't recommend her enough!

Now, who wants to go back with me?

4 comments:

  1. I can't get over how cool this is! Your piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I love the piece you created. Text me next time there is a class. I would love to go with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do such fun things - your piece of Art looks awesome :)

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love the one you made!

    ReplyDelete

09 10