Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Candle Making Class


My local library is really cool in that it holds classes and group activities pretty regularly. I'm sure all libraries do that, but I'm not really in the know on them. Ha

I just got a library card, as I've mentioned before, and I saw a newsletter that they library had. One of the classes offered was "Candlemaking with Boutique Unique." Well, by george! I know the girls at Boutique Unique!

I got it worked out with my job so that I could attend the 10am class, and I was on my merry way!

On arrival, the BU girls had everything set up at the tables. 



First, we put our wick in place.


After choosing our scent, (I chose Pomegranate Spice), we got in line to get our wax. 


The wax went into our melting cups, and then in the microwave to melt. 


We added our scents and color and stirred it all together. 


Held our wick in place with something I will call a wick holder.


Pour the wax, ever so sllllloooooowwwwwlllllyyyy. 


And then let it cool and set. 


Candles at my table.


We added some bows.


I wanted to take the melting cup to work with me, because it smelled uh-may-zing!


With my friend and Boutique Unique co-owner, Jessica.

And here's the finished product! I love my candle and seriously can't wait to light it!


I am loving attending all of these crafting classes. I may not craft at home, but I have, seriously, the most fun at these classes with other women making these awesome things!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of crafting classes, I end up trying things on my own and it would be much more fun in a group! And maybe with an instructor who knows what they are doing rather than a hodge podge of Pinterest instructions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that your library hosts these classes, and what a fun crafting idea! Mine certainly does not :( I actually bought all the things to make homemade candles as gifts last year but never actually got around to doing it. Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete

09 10