Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Mel's Favorite Potato Soup

I'm a huge fan of Fall, and one of the reasons for that is that you can finally eat soup! My all-time favorite kind of soup is potato, and today, I'm sharing my favorite potato soup recipe. Because why should I keep this goodness all to myself?!


Ingredients
5 lbs potatoes 
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 lb. Velveeta- cubed
1/2 can Cream of Chicken
1/2 can Cream of Celery
1/2 can Cream of Mushroom
1/4 lb. shredded cheese
2 oz. butter
4 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper


Directions for Crockpot
Throw all into a crockpot, mix, and cook on low for appx. 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
How easy can you get?

On this particular night, I didn't want to wait on the crockpot, so I made the soup on stovetop. It was still just as easy.

Directions for stovetop
Throw all ingredients in pot. Mix. Cook on medium heat for an hour to an hour and a half, stirring occasionally.

While you wait for this cheesy, creamy goodness to cook, have a glass of wine.

When it's finished, top with some shredded cheese or chopped bacon or chives. 

Then enjoy! 
See how easy that was? 


Tip: I use frozen hashbrowns or those microwavable mashed potato bags. Throw those in frozen, and they are perfect when the soup is finished.

Also note: I usually add more milk because I like it not as thick.

Do you have your own favorite potato soup recipe or just soup recipe in general? If so, please share! And if you happen to make this particular potato soup recipe, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I LOVE this chicken soup!

    http://tiphero.com/creamy-chicken-wild-rice-soup/

    ReplyDelete

09 10