Wednesday, September 7, 2016

JOY

You know what is better than joy? 

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. 

Because JOY is just the best feeling ever. 

Today I thought I'd share some things that bring me joy. 

--One--
Teaching little ones at church.

I've been helping with the children's activities at my church the past two years in VBS, some Wednesday nights, and just recently I've acquired my own little Sunday School class. I absolutely love working with these kids. They are so sweet, involved, and it just makes me happy. I love that they love coming to church and learning about Jesus.

--Two--
A good book. 
There's nothing more relaxing than sitting in my big leopard chair with my feet up on the ottoman reading a good book. I'm currently in Sophie Hudson's (aka Boo Mama) Home Sweet Home Collection, which includes Home Is Where My People Are and A Little Salty To Cut The Sweet. You guys. If you don't know Sophie, you are missing out. I'm a new fan. She has the best voice (in her writing. I mean she may in real life too, but idk.). Her stories are just funny. If reading bring you joy, read Sophie's books!

--Three--
Planners!

I don't know what it is about a planner, but it just makes my heart happy. I love jotting down what I've done that day, and I get excited when I have plans I can pencil in to my paper calendar. Yes, you read that correctly. Paper calendar. This girl hates an electronic one. No. Not happening. I had a Happy 365 Planner earlier this year, but it was just too big to tote around, so I finally invested in a leather Kate Spade one. So far, I love it. And it brings me joy!

--Four--
Crisp, Fall days.

You guys. Fall is my time. The sun is shining. The leaves are bursting with color. The air has an edge to it. If I could have any weather for the rest of my life, it would be Fall weather. Gimme a cool 60 degrees and I'm set. Ohhhhhh I just can't wait!

--Five--
My niece and nephew.
                               

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my niece came along. Then I had no idea how I could love another human being just as much until my nephew was born just three months ago. They are joy. Raelyn makes me laugh like no one else can. And Owen. Well I could just squeeze and kiss his chunky little cheeks until the end of time. I saved them for last because they are just the best. They are the epitome of joy.

Linking up with Love Bailey Jean for the Blogtember Challenge!


2 comments:

  1. I love teaching kiddos too! I was a sunday school teacher from age 12-29 years old, so it is a big part of my life. I didn't teach this first year living in Texas because of all the adjustment of being a newlywed and living 2000 miles from family, but we are gonna start teaching preschoolers at church soon, so I am excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'm all about the paper planners too. I love checking things off after I do something. It feels so good! I use Plum Paper and like it. It is a bit big but pretty and has nice smooth paper.

    ReplyDelete

09 10