Friday, September 2, 2016

Current Goals + Friday Faves

It's Labor Day weekend, y'all, and I couldn't be more excited to get a 3 day weekend! Woohoo!

If you read yesterday, you know I'm participating in the Blog-tember Challenge. AND it's Friday, so I'm going to share some of my favorites from the week. 2 posts in 1!

Today's Blog-tember Challenge prompt is to share my current goals. Let's get started. 

Goal 1
Reduce credit card debt. 
Photo via
I'm working on paying off my credit card, and it is hard y'all. Now I know why my momma told me to NEVER EVER get one. It's come in handy when I've been short on cash and needed gas or this or that, but I've also used it to buy a bag here and there or Christmas gifts or vacation....and it adds up. It's definitely not something I'm proud of, and I know it will feel amazing when I pay it off. Bye bye debt!

Goal 2
Drink more water!
Photo via
I do pretty well with drinking flavored water at home, but if I'm out, I always order diet soda. It's a terrible habit and would be so much cheaper to just drink h2o. I'm a Diet Coke girl (at least I went to diet, right?), but I know that's still not healthy. C'mon, Mel! Drink more water!

Goal 3
Cook more meals at home!
Photo via
I'm doing better about this, but still could still use some improvement. I've been eating more leftovers for lunch and cooking simple, random things here and there so that's good. However, I'm still eating out way too much. 

Goal 4
Blog regularly!
Photo via
I've done pretty well these past few weeks to blog almost every single (week) day. Albeit, I've lost 2 followers since then, so I'm not sure if that's coincidence or what..... I really enjoy blogging and meeting new ladies through this blogging journey, and I'm really excited to participate in this challenge. I think it will keep me writing and will hopefully introduce me to some new bloggers I wouldn't normally meet. 



Favorite 1
This Blog-tember challenge is also one of my favorites from the week. So glad I saw Extremely V post about this.

Favorite 2
Dinner with friends.
This kinda goes against my goal up there, but I just love dinners out with my friends. We eat good food and talk for hours. This never ever gets old!

Favorite 3
Pay day!

While normally I would be finding some stuff to spend my "extra money" on, I'm putting it towards that danged ole Visa. And I'm almost excited to do so.

Favorite 4
Smile :)

This little post-it on my computer reminds me to just let it go!

Linking with Andrea and Bailey Jean.

4 comments:

  1. You will feel so much better when you have no credit card debt! I paid mine off years ago. I use to get so stressed out thinking how I had this big bill I just couldn't pay off whenever I wanted to. I'm working on paying off my student loans now and can't wait until those are gone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you want to work on paying off credit card debt! I have been working on paying off grad school loans and it has been really tough but so rewarding to see the principle slowly dwindling down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all of these goals! Good luck with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there with the credit card debt and it's no fun, but you are right - it feels amazing when it is paid off!

    ReplyDelete

09 10