Monday, September 12, 2016

3 Books

You guys know I love to read; it's one of my absolute favorite things to do! I mean, I even have a tab to keep track of what I'm reading and have read. Check it out! :)

Today, I'm going to share 3 books with you: a book I've just read, a book I'm currently reading, and a book on my to-read list.



--Just Read--


I just finished Sophie Hudson's Home Sweet Home Collection, and you all, she is so so good! I've mentioned Hudson in several posts, but I just love her that much. You all must check her out. 

The collection includes two of Sophie's books. 
A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet is a book about Sophie's family. Little stories with a lot of faith and even more humor thrown in. I laughed throughout the whole book. So so good.  Home is Where My People Are is Sophie's journey across the deep south as a youngster, college gal, newlywed, and seasoned mom. This one has a little more faith and just as much humor. If you're looking for a feel-good book, choose one, or both, of these!


--Currently Reading--

I chose First Comes Love by Emily Giffin as my book club's read for this month. I've just started and am a couple of chapters in, and honestly, I'm not into it yet.


Synopsis from Amazon#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • A pair of sisters find themselves at a crossroads in this dazzling new novel from the author of Something Borrowed, Where We Belong, andThe One & Only. First Comes Love is a story about family, friendship, and the courage to follow your own heart—wherever that may lead.

I'm anxious to read more because I've really enjoyed Giffin before. Remember Something Borrowed? LOVED it! So I have high hopes that I'm just not far enough into this one to be hooked. Have you read First Comes Love? What did you think?


--To Read--

I've had this book on my "to-read" list for several months now, but nothing gets me wanting to read a book like hearing there is a movie coming out based on the book. That is exactly why I have The Light Between Oceans on my list.


My friend, Kathy, recommended this ages ago during one of our book club chats, and I just put it in the back of my mind, but I'm set on reading it now so I can watch the movie. Maybe I'll get it read in time to actually see it in theaters. Fingers crossed.

Linking up with Love Bailey Jean for the Blog-tember Challenge! Would love for you to comment and let me know what you've recently read, what you're reading, and what you have on your to-read list! And if you link up, let me know! :)



10 comments:

  1. Oh goodness you have some good ones, Emily Griffin is my fave! Oh so so so good! I have enjoyed your blog so much, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! :) That's so sweet of you to say. Have a great day back!

      Delete
  2. I have Light Between Oceans on hold and I am so excited to read it … and then I will watch the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's chat about it after we've read it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm there! Here is my profile link: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/12148479-melanie

      Delete
  4. I have mixed feelings about Emily Giffin's books. I loved Something Borrowed and Something Blue, but I hated Heart of the Matter so much that I almost didn't finish it. First Comes Love sounds like it may be OK though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I almost think I read Heart of the Matter and didn't like it at all either. There was definitely one I read after the Something Borrowed/Something Blue duo, and I didn't like it. I"m thinking it was that one.

      Delete
  5. I love The Light Between Oceans! It's one of my favorite books of all time. I have read most of Emily Giffin's books. I checked Goodreads, and I see that I read First Comes Love back in June, but I really don't remember it, even after I read the description to jog my memory. I don't think it was one of my favorites. I usually love her books. I really enjoy your blog!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add me on Goodreads! Link is in the comments above.

      I can't wait to read Light Between Oceans. I actually bought it last night.

      Delete

09 10