Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekend Shenanigans


So this weekend was fun. I basically acted like an infant, I ate and I slept. And it was glorious!


This was Mia on Friday morning. Let me tell you, neither of us wanted to get out of bed. But one of us had to, and it didn't look like she was going to make the effort. I'm tired of carrying your weight, girl.

Friday night, I attended my first LulaRoe Pop-Up shop. Let me be frank.... that shtuff is so over-priced and over-rated. The material felt cheap and the fit wasn't good (on me). I bought an Irma only because I felt bad for going without buying something. I'd rather go to TJ Maxx and get two or three tops for the price of what I paid for that Irma. 


Afterwards, I went to eat with some of my favorite friends. Unfortunately, my favorite place, Cracker Barrel, royally screwed up my order, so it was less than stellar. However, they did comp it, so that worked out. Nonetheless, it was fun with these ladies. 



Because I was still wondering what the whole obsession is with this company, I decided to check out some sale apps and see what they offered. I did find these french fry leggings and decided if I wore what I ate, it would definitely be these leggings. 


On Saturday, I slept through some rain storms and just lounged around. A friend of mine was in a little funk, so she messaged me and said she needed to buy some stuff to make her feel better. Logically, we headed to Target and TJ Maxx and then to get our fill of fried food for the week at OCharleys. Appetizers are my all-time fave foods, so these did not disappoint! And yes, this is why I'm fat. 



When I finally got home after spending money on random things and fried foods, I opened a package from Mix and Match Mama! I'll do a full review tomorrow, but know I was so stinkin' excited!


You'd think all of the fried foods would have been enough for me, but nope. We ordered the Ooey-Gooey Caramel  pie from OCharleys to go. I tried a few bites when I got home and then ate the rest for breakfast the next morning.  OH MY GOD! I seriously felt like my teeth were going to fall out of my mouth. This pie was SO rich and SO sweet. Like too much. Never again. 


Yesterday was full of church, and lunch with some of my favorite goons from church, and naps, and more church. I absolutely love my church family and love when we get together outside of church. We had lunch at a quirky little place that serves hot dogs and ice-cream and desserts that we all just love. It's a funky place and I love it. 


After eating, one of the sweet 7 year olds that I adore decided to play hair stylist and fix my hair. This was one of the calmer looks, but I liked them all. I ended the gathering with a high side pony, and don't think that I didn't rock that pony in the little shop and all the way home. I sure did. 



A good reminder for the work week!



And then I woke up this morning to a wonderful 61 degrees. I absolutely LOVE cooler temps and was stoked that it was chilly this AM. Now, let's keep this way, mmmk?


That's what was going on in my little world this weekend! How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10