Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Advice to High School Self (Show and Tell Tues)

Looking back on my time in high school, I wish I could have changed a lot of things. That's how it goes right? You always wish you'd done things differently? 

Andrea's Show and Tell Tuesday is about the advice you'd give to your high school self. And let me tell you, it's a doozy. 


Melanie, 

Oh girl. I wish you could read this when it actually would have done some good. 

1. Don't take life so seriously. Let loose. Have some fun. Break some curfews. Call in sick to work. Following every single rule is no fun. 

2. Throw out those tees and ill-fitting jeans and tennis shoes and wear real clothes. 

3. Stop wearing your hair in a pony tail every single day. And please don't just brush it out. Put some effort into it.  (I finally started doing this and #2 my junior year. Hallelujah!)

4. Don't be such a downer.  Be happy. Be carefree. This isn't the best time of your life, and certainly not the easiest, but enjoy being a "kid" while you still can. (See #1.)

5. Just be you. Don't try to so hard to be in the "cool"  and "popular" group. None of those people will be your friends after high school. And honestly, high school is it for them. After graduation, they are no longer cool or popular and absolutely no one cares who you hung out with in high school. No one. Be yourself!

6. Trust me. Life gets better. High school is so so hard. Kids are cruel. Teachers can be not nice. And life is never like it was in high school. (Well sometimes adults still act like they are in high school, but that is besides the point.) 


7. STOP THINKING YOU'RE FAT! Girl. No. Just wait..... 

8. Have confidence. You are smart. You are pretty. You are kind and sweet. Know you can do absolutely anything. 

What would you tell your high school self?


Here are some of my previous Show and Tell Tuesday posts if you've missed them.


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I Think we all took ourselves too seriously back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I definitely could use some of your advice... Just be you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

09 10