Monday, June 13, 2016

Weekend Recap

My weekend was full and busy, but I feel like I got nothing accomplished. Does that make any sense at all?

Friday, I made last minute plans to have dinner with a friend. We ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant, that I've mentioned several times on this blog, picked up some paint supplies at Lowes, and then I went to see her new house.  C drove her husband's Jeep, so that makes running around even more fun, right?
#INeedAJeep

I woke up Saturday and had a text from a friend about getting pedis. Well I usually don't turn down that, so off we went. Two hours later, yes, 2 HOURS!, we had lunch. 

We then ran to a shoe store to find some nude shoes. Do you all know how hard it is to find the perfect pair. Impossible. I found two pairs of wedges and had the hardest time deciding between the two. I ended up getting both, but felt guilty.....until Brandi sent me this snap later that night. Even though the sign was delayed, it was just the sign I needed to feel ok about it. ;)


After I got home, I decided I needed to get on the ball with this painting mess. Y'all, I've had these plans for months, but have been too scared and lazy to do it. Painting is hard work, you guys. 

After the first coat.....


And after the second coat.....

And judging by these photos, you can see why I was hesitant. It's a hot mess. It definitely needs another coat, but I think I need to buy more paint. Even though I used a trimmer contraption, I still got paint all over everything, so touch ups on the trim are required. Thankfully, Mom said she would come over tomorrow and finish. #ThankGod4Mothers

I really think once it's finished correctly, it will look awesome with my leopard chair. But doesn't it look pink in the photos? Yeah, its supposed to be coral. The name is even Dishy Coral. But it looks pink. I don't care. I'm not changing it at this point.

After church on Sunday, I went to the lake with my parents. I hadn't driven this particular jet ski or tried to load it onto this little ramp, jet ski holder thingy, so I attempted that.

Yall. It took me 7 tries to get it on there. 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Needless to say, I was done with it for the day. I was so afraid I was going to jump the dock, and afraid I was going to flip it over while driving it. I need more practice, obviously.

I spent a few hours on my parents boat and in the water. It was so nice. 

I'm hoping for more shopping, dining, and time on the lake this week. And a manicure to go with that pedicure would be nice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10