Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Favorites- Entertainment Edition

It's been a hot minute since I blogged, but I just felt like I didn't have anything to talk about. You know how that goes? 

Anywho- since my topics are pretty limited, I thought I'd give you a little review of some of my FAVORITE books and shows I've finished. If you haven't read or seen these, drop everything you are doing and pick these up. 






You guys. This book. One of my favorites I've read in a long long time.  We read this in our book club for May, and it is by far my fave that we've read together.

A teacher is kidnapped and then something happens with her kidnapper and then there's a twist at the end. (Yes, I realize my summary skills are lacking in this post. And surprise! I am an English degree holder. But I just can't say anything without giving away the good stuff.)

Take my advice- read this book!!!







So this was our book club choice for June. One of our clubbers is a social worker and thought she would love this. We all loved it.

This book is about a social worker, a poor girl and her family who live and work on a farm in exchange for a place to live, and the Eugenics program that was in place in America from the 20s-70s. I didn't even know such a program existed.

It's not super heavy, but it's emotional and really makes you think. Great discussion book.


Pretty Baby




This book isn't a fave of mine....yet. Because I loved Mary Kubica's The Good Girl so much, we all decided to read this for our July book club. I'd love for you to read along with us. Let me know if you decide to read it or if you've already read it.


Orange is the New Black

Just finished the 4th season last weekend, and while it was kind of slow, it did have some great scenes. The baby mouse (gross!), the body parts, the death of a really good character, and then the final scene. What will Daya do?????



Also, I really want to read this book by the real Piper Chapman. Have you all read it?



Greys Anatomy



Did I tell you I finally finished Greys on Netflix? It took me months and months, but I finally watched from beginning to end....or the end of what was offered on Netflix. Such a good series. That Shonda Rhimes knows what she's doing. If you've been living under a rock, like I have, watch this series now!

Linking up with Andrea for Friday Favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10