Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My Word of the Year

I never really understood the whole concept behind having a "word of the year."

But I kept seeing it. Which led me to keep thinking about it. And I thought about it a lot. It may have taken me a whole month for it to finally click and for me to decide what that word was. 



I didn't have some huge revelation that came to me in the middle of the night. It's one that kept coming back to me over and over. And when I finally decided I needed a word, I knew this was it. 


I want to be happy. I want feel at peace with where I am in life and what path God has me on. And all of those synonyms, I want to be those: happy, fulfilled, cheerful. 




Sometimes this life is hard. When so many things are shared on Facebook, and Twitter, and Instagram, it's hard to remember that there is a reason you are where you are. I think that's especially difficult when you see the "perfect" lives of bloggers, with their perfect husbands, and perfect kids, and perfect homes, and perfect jobs. That list could go on and on. 


But I vow to try to be more cheerful. Happier. More fulfilled. 



 Because when it comes right down to it, I'm pretty lucky.  
And I have every reason in the world to be content.


What's your word for the year?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have trouble feeling content sometimes, which is so dumb because so many of us have so much to be happy and thankful for. My word of the year is perseverance, which will be very needed if I want to actually make a life in DC and not just live here.

    ReplyDelete

09 10