Thursday, January 28, 2016

Living Room Tour

I've been in my new place for about 2 months now, and let me tell ya, it's been a sloooooow process getting things together. In fact, I've only completed 1 whole room in the entire house. And it still isn't 100% complete. 

Even with those 3 little things hanging in the air, I'm in LOVE with this space. It's not 100% the look I was going for, but it's pretty dang close!

Here's a reminder of what my little house looks like. Come on in.....



Without further adieu, here's my living room!






This is my favorite view in the entire house (pic above). I wanted to go with all neutrals, but I saw this print above the couch and knew I just HAD to have it. 


I took my time in finding the exact pieces I wanted and loved, instead of just buying stuff to fill the space. 


So sorry for the poor quality photos. Sometimes ya win with the iPhone camera, sometimes you lose. 


 I decided to hand the curtains from the ceiling to make the ceilings look taller, and you guys, it actually works. I can tell such a difference in here compared to a room where curtains are hung just above the windows. Btw- I still need to steam the curtains. Ignore the wrinkles.


Some of the pieces I already had, like this recliner, the fireplace, and end tables. They were too good to sell and replace, so I decided to keep them. I do have paint in the cabinet for the tables. It scares me, so it may take awhile for me to pull the trigger. 


I'm not exactly sold on this wall yet. I think it's the sofa table and mirror above it. Something just feels off about it. 

If you hadn't noticed from the pictures above, there is no overhead lighting. Not even a ceiling fan. While I normally don't use overhead lighting anyway, it's still nice to have when I do need it. Hopefully that will be remedied sooner than later. 

I'm also not sold on the paint. This was the color the previous owner had. While it is a neutral, it's a little "gold" for me and what I had planned. I wouldn't be so hesitant to paint if the ceilings didn't have to be painted too. They are the same color as the walls. 

So there ya go. Hopefully I'll complete another room soon and share with you guys. 
Come again!

11 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your living room. Those curtains are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your living room, the color and the way you have pulled everything together. It looks fresh and inviting. I love the fact you have used what you had also. Keep up the good job through the rest of your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your living room is so cute! I love the wall color too. From the pictures, it looks like it works with everything you have in the room. Can't wait to see the rest of your home in the coming weeks. (Also, love the gold dots in your blog header! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the whole thing is fabulous and I love your striped curtains, blue ottoman and print. They really make the room pop, while still have a clean, neutral feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue in the painting with the ottoman! Great job of combining neutrals with a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your living room. I recently painted my bedroom a lighter color but left the ceiling the gray that it was. I ended up really liking it, I thought it would make the ceilings seem too low but it really made it feel very cozy. Or, you could work with the color that's there, maybe paint your tables a soft gold and add some blue/green and gold pillows to the sofa. And, I think your wall hanging would look better over the sofa table than the smaller mirror. Just my (unasked for) two cents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style. Possibly my favorite living room yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your living room is beautiful! I love the colors you've chosen to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your curtains!! where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors of your living room and the curtains are gorgeous! I'd try something much larger over the table. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this room, the neutral and teal work really well together.

    ReplyDelete

09 10