Monday, March 30, 2015
Since you’re dying to see what I’m watching, here’s my current list.
1. Real Housewives of Atlanta and Beverly Hills- I love the drama, especially since I’m not involved in it. But I hate morons, so can we please please let Brandi Glanville and Kim Richards go? Why are they even there? Ridiculous. Hate them.
And I love the addition of Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson. No drama. Honest. Truthful. Exactly they way women should be.
2. Revenge- I keep wanting to quit, because I’m so over this show, but I’ve watched so long, I just can’t quit now. Know what I mean?
3. Pretty Little Liars- I’m way beyond over this one too, but how am I supposed to just quit without knowing who the hell all of these A’s are and why they are doing what they are doing.
Most recent thought- who the eff is Charles????
4. Hart of Dixie- I love love love this show so very much, and am SO sad that Friday’s episode was the very last one. What am I going to do without Wade and Zoe? Sad face.
Btw- I hate Lemon and Lavon together. That is all.
5. Walking Dead- So what is going on with Alexandria. Who are these people with the Ws? What is Morgan going to do with Rick? What will happen to the gang? So many questions…
6. Scandal- I love Olivia Pope and I love Jake even more. Please just give me Olivia’s apartment, wardrobe, kick-ass gladiator attitude, and Jake, and my entire life will be made. Amen.
What shows are you guys watching currently that I have missing from the list?
Click on each picture for their source.
Friday, March 27, 2015
Are you all following Angela? She has started a new blog, has the best style, and I basically want to be her bff. And she's bringing Birkenstocks back. I was against this revival of the trend until I saw Ms. Angela wearing them. Now I'm a fan.
I did it. I took the #Birkenstock plunge and I don't regret it one little bit! Rose color: http://t.co/HXDuShfwpm pic.twitter.com/pD0XyA3hO6
— Angela (@CalllMeAng) March 26, 2015
I feel ya, Emelia. I do all my blog writin' and readin' at work too. ;)
While I don't love working until 9 pm on Wednesday's I am glad that it gives me time to read all my favorite blogs 😊💗
— emelia✌️ (@dreambigemelia) March 25, 2015
I want to do this exact thing- find some soft green grass, lie on a quilt, and read until I fall asleep under the sun.
It actually FEELS like spring today and I want to go find a soft patch of green grass to lie on...and I want to read...all day. #iWish
— Jenny Kate (@JennyKateWrites) March 23, 2015
And I love a good Twitter hashtag trend. This one was the best I saw.
#ChangeAWordRuinAQuote We came, we saw, we selfied
— astral (@astral_al) March 22, 2015
Which was your fave?
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
While these have obvious differences, they both have the similar mesh style stretch. Both are .925 sterling silver and prices are significantly different.
Which would you choose?
Have you seen any items that are similar in looks but not in price? Let me know and I’ll add you to the blog.
Monday, March 23, 2015
Friday, March 20, 2015
Yesterday, Georgia State played Baylor, and Baylor was expected to win. It came down to one shot in the final seconds for Georgia State to upset the other team. Georgia State’s coach was planted in his rolly chair due to an injury from the previous game in which he hurt is foot.
The coach’s son gets the ball. Throws it to the hoop. It goes in and Georgia State wins the game, advancing to the next round.
Watch the clip, and pay special attention to the coach, wearing all black, sitting in the chair on the sidelines in front of the announcers’ table.
He fell out of his freaking chair, you guys.
I have laughed and laughed at this video. It’s funny every single time.
Gotta love the excitement of March Madness.
And I’d be remiss if I didn't mention that I’m a HUGE UK fan. Go Cats! #bbn #pursuitofperfection
Thursday, March 19, 2015
That’s Kallie. Kallie blogs at But First, Coffee. Kallie hosts these awesome mug swaps a few times a year. She pairs you up, you get to know your partner, then buy each other a mug. You’ve hopefully made a new friend and gotten a little surprise in the mail. This go ‘round…I think this is my 5th swap with Kallie….I was paired with the beautiful, Emelia.
That’s Emelia. She blogs over at Dream Big & Buy The Shoes.
Well, helllooooo. As soon as I saw the blog name of my new partner, I knew she’d be an awesome match.
We emailed back and forth a few times. I stalked Emelia’s blog and instagram to see who this girl really was. And lemme tell ya. We are basically the same person.
Before I stalked her, I sent her a list of things I loved. Things like Kate Spade, leopard, girly stuff, the lake….
So as I’m looking at all of her social media, I see her in leopard, carrying Kate, by the water… basically everything I like she’s wearing or using or doing. See? Same person!
This weekend, my little box of goodness arrived and I just knew it was from Emelia and it would be awesome. I was right.
First, how cute is this little card and the packaging. Adorable.
As soon as I opened it, I smelled some yummy goodness.
It was this caramel swirl coffee, that I’m sure will knock my socks off.
What else did I get, you ask?
This huge mug, that I think I could probably eat cereal out of. It’s that big.
AND, yes and, this Sharpie mug that Emelia created herself based on things I like.
“Coffee now….blogging, shopping, reading, laughing later.” How freaking cute is that?
Here’s all my goodies together. Didn’t Emelia do awesome!?
Thanks, Emelia! You did good, girl!
To see what I bought for Emelia AND to see how she made the Sharpie mug, read her post here.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Today’s Save or Splurge option is a simple sterling silver circle necklace. Both options are .925 sterling silver. Both have a circle pendant of about the same size. However, the price points are, like every other week, quite different. Take a look.
Left: Tiffany & Co. Hammered Circle Pendant ($225)
Right: Silpada Duomo Necklace ($49)
By purchasing Silpada’s option, you save $176 buckaroos. Sounds good to me!
And with that extra $176 you saved, you could put that toward the matching Silpada Duomo earrings for only $69, and still put $107 in your pocket. Just sayin’.
Which would you choose?
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
What I love about each of these rooms is that everything is neutral, but there are pops of glam thrown in- blingy pillows, striped curtains, fun animal print rugs, gold mirrors. All of those things can be changed when I tire of them, because lezbehonest, I tire of everything- just like that red couch in my living room I swore I would love forever and ever.
So these are the rooms I’m lusting over. Maybe eventually I can move from the dark colors of mid 2000s and into the neutrals of 2015.
Monday, March 16, 2015
My little living room is, hands down, my favorite room in the house. While I’m always ready to change it up and go a completely different direction, I do think my stuff is pretty cute. And since it costs money to do a complete re-haul, it looks like I’ll keep my red couch and brown recliner for a few more years. (I may do an inspiration post later on of what I’m wanting to do in the future. It’s t-totally different than this!)
After selling my house two years ago, I decided to rent until I found a house I absolutely LOVED. Needless to say, I’m still here. A rental is hard to work with- paint colors stay the same. Things that need to be updated, don’t get updated. You can’t really change much, and you just have to work with what you’ve got.
Let me know what you think!
Friday, March 13, 2015
Worse than the Barney song.
Worse than the song that never ends.
Worse than any Nickelback song.
And it’s about peaches. Don’t get me wrong, I love peaches. But an entire song about eating a peach is absolutely ridiculous.
Who in their right mind wrote this song?
Who in their right mind produced this song?
Who in their right mind decided to play this on the radio?
Here are the lyrics. See for yourself.
"Peaches" by the Presidents of the United States of America Movin' to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
Gonna eat me a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches
Peaches come from a can,
they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way,
I'd eat peaches every day
Sun-soakin' bulges in the shade
Take a little nap where the roots all twist
Squished a rotten peach in my fist
And dreamed about you, woman,
I poked my finger down inside
Make a little room for an ant to hide
Nature's candy in my hand or can or a pie
Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free
Lyrics found here. It’s like someone is singing their school report on peaches. And it sucks. And if you feel like torturing yourself, you can listen to it here. Although, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Note: Apparently this is a really old song that I’m just now being subjected to. I seriously doubt it was cooler then, and I’m 100% positive I would have hated it equally as much then.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
This series has quickly become my favorite to write. I’ve always loved seeing this type of thing in magazines and other blog posts, so I can see why I’d like to be the one finding the good deals.
Both of these wire drop earrings are sterling silver. However, I need to mention that Silpada is also nickel-free and does have a lifetime guarantee against any defects or breakage.
Guys! Buying Silpada version will save you $446 buckaroos. What?!?! That’s insane!
Which earring do you prefer?
Monday, March 9, 2015
I am not one to be at the movie theater opening night/weekend. The thought of waiting in lines for an hour and sitting shoulder to shoulder with complete strangers for two have no appeal to me whatsoever. So I usually wait a few weeks, grab some friends, and go when I know lines will be short and theaters relatively empty.
So, as I was saying, I finally got around to seeing 50 Shades. And boy, did I have about a million opinions while watching it. Here they are.
1. Well, I really thought Kate was rich and they had a fancy apartment. Not in the movie.
2. Kate is sick, yes, but I thought she’d be hotter.
3. I don’t like this actress playing Anastasia. Too awkward.
4. Maybe that makes her perfect for this role.
5. That VW car is terrible.
6. Jamie Dornan isn’t as striking as he should be. Handsome? Yes. Make your panties melt off of you? No.
7. I feel awkward just watching this interview scene.
8. Ok. Kate is fixed up. She is very pretty.
9. Now that I know this is based on Twilight fan fiction, that’s all I can think of.
10. Creepy millionaire. Awkward brunette. Stop the madness.
11. Charlie Tango! Man I need to ride in one of those.
12. This movie is so dang cheesy. Did they have to be so cheesy??????? You’re ruining it!
13. Hmm. Maybe Jamie Dornan isn’t so bad.
14. I’ll sign the papers!!!!
15. Ohhh can you imagine if Charlie Hunnam actually was playing this part? Hot damn.
16. Anastasia. Why the hell are you wearing overalls? Yuck.
17. Why is the driver so odd?
18. Also, what do I know him from? What was he in?
19. Christian’s mother. Not the right actress.
20. Red room. Whoa!
21. 1st times are never that great btw. Ever.
22. Elliot. Not the right actor.
23. Who did the casting for this movie?!?!? Horrible.
24. Don’t let him spank you and then get mad.
25. Terrible ending. Like two amateurs reading into a teleprompter.
PS. When’s the next one coming out? I’m there!
As always, click on picture for source.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
I decided to be the informative little shopper that I tend to be, and share my findings with you all in what I shall call my “Save or Splurge” series. I know, I’m so original.
The first item in this series will be a super cute, leather wrap bracelet. Both are leather. Both feature sterling silver.
Left: Silpada Multi-Task Bracelet ($69)
Right: Tiffany’s Double Braid Wrap Bracelet ($325)
For what looks like practically the same thing, I’d much rather spend the $69 on the Silpada bracelet, and use the $256 savings for some more jewels. That’s just me though.
Which would you buy?
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- Introducing myself
- Waiting- on anything
- Saving money
- Eating healthy
- Not taking things personally
What are you bad at?
Monday, March 2, 2015
Our society is filled with a lot of weird people. Basically everyone but me.
I kid. I kid.
Anywho, I was scrolling through facebook and instagram the other night, and I kept seeing people post the weirdest things.
WHY!?!? I kept thinking.
We are adults. Why are you doing this?
Then I decided to make a list of things that I just don’t understand. Let’s see if you’re on it.
- #MCM and #WCW- We are adults. We don’t need to see that your gf/bf/spouse is your crush. We assume. Stop it.
- Cartoon character tattoos- I don’t even have words for this. I mean I loved the Smurfs and Pooh as much as anyone, but I would never put a cartoon character on my body- in the form of a tattoo or tshirt.
- Camo stickers on vehicles- Ew. Tacky. Why?
- Calf implants- Give me a butt implant any day of the week, but I will not and do not understand calf implants.
- Shared facebook accounts- Why can’t you make separate ones. What’s the deal.
- Selfies every single day- We know what you look like. Unless it changed from the previous day, we don’t need a reminder. Thanks.
What do other people do that you find odd, or weird, or annoying? Let me know.
Links to photos can be found by clicking on photo. All were borrowed from respected site.