Friday, November 13, 2015

Snake Charmer

Happy Friday the 13th, ya crazy kids! I'm not at all superstitious; well, not really. How many of you are hiding under your desks in the fetal position waiting for, like, a flower pot to fall from the sky? 


A few days ago, I got to go back to my old stomping grounds, my high school, to represent our company at the College and Career Fair they were hosting that day. I, along with my boss/step-dad headed up there to hand out some freebies and talk about what we do.  

(And yes, it made me miss teaching.)

(And yes, it made me wonder if I was as awkward as these kids were.)

Basically we answered questions that the kids were forced to ask to fill out a worksheet, but there were some kids, albeit very few, that really did have questions about what we did and the machines we had. I stuck to answering the worksheet questions.....


...and charming snakes.


Yep. That's me. Holding a huuuuge snake. It only took me 3 hours of sitting across the aisle from it to work up the courage to hold it. It wasn't bad at all.

Although, honestly, I'd rather be carrying a snakeskin purse rather than the actual snake. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10