Monday, October 26, 2015

Easy Banana Bread

I had some old bananas sitting on my counter, like I do every single time I buy bananas.  But instead of throwing them out like I usually do, I decided to bake some banana bread. Now, I'm not typically one to bake things, so I searched for an "easy" recipe.

Lo and behold, I found one with only 4 ingredients, thanks to Pinterest and the lady behind the Coers Family Blog that had originally posted it.

So I got to work. And since this is a rather unusual occurrence, I decided to blog about it.

Here's what you need:

-3 very ripe banans
-2 eggs
-1 stick of butter
-1 box of cake mix- I used Butter Pecan. Yum! You can also use white or yellow, I read. 

Notice I do not have a stick of butter. So I melted 1/2 cup of butter, which according to Google equals 1 stick. 

*Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. 

Step 1: Mash the bananas. 

Step 2: Melt butter and add to bananas. Mix.  



Step 3: Add cake mix and then the eggs. Mix. 



 Here's the batter all mixed together. Doesn't it look like baby food?



Step 4: Spray the heck out of the loaf pan with some Pam. Then add the batter.


The fact that it almost filled the pan should have been a red flag. But nope. I put it in the oven. 
Step 5: When you smell burning, quickly put a cookie sheet under the bread to catch everything that "overflows" from the loaf pan. Quick cleanup!



I checked on it at 45 mins, but it was not yet finished. I baked an additional 15 minutes.

I wasn't sure if I should let it cool in the pan or immediately remove it. The first Google search I read said to remove immediately. So I did.

And this happened.


So obviously, don't do what I did. I went back and read the blog, and she said to let it cool in pan. Oops. 

Even though it looked terrible, it tasted delicious. The bread was super moist and had a great flavor. And the best part? Only 4 ingredients!

Edit: I've since made this recipe a ton and it turned out wonderfully! Don't let that horrible pan picture turn you off! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10