Wednesday, September 2, 2015

That time I took a hip-hop dance class

Let me just put it out there, I hate working out. I hate exercise. I hate sweating. I hate hurting. I hate feeling like my lungs are going to burst and I'm going to die right there on the floor.


So when my friend was talking about a hip-hop dance class, I decided it would be super fun.

Yes, I realize that first paragraph and that last sentence are completely contradictory of one another. But something about the words hip-hop and dance spoke to me.

I imagined walking in with my cool leggings and top (which I don't own), my backwards cap (which I don't do), and my fly sneakers (again, I don't own), and rocking out in the class. Very urban. Very much like this photo.


Or this one. 


Except I showed up in my sweat pant capris, a tshirt I had to stretch to wear, and a sports bra that was so small it was cutting off my circulation. I looked like a middle-aged overweight woman attempting Curves. 



I went in, stretched, and we got started. I was watching the clock and wondering if I could exit without my friends noticing. I was sweaty, out of breath, and could possibly be having a heart attack. This is what happens when your only form of exercise is running around Target and TJ Maxx.


Let's not talk about the fact that there was a huge mirror in the front of the room so everyone could see everyone. Let's not talk about the fact that while I certainly wasn't the oldest one in the room, I was the largest. And more than likely, the most out of shape. And there's no where else that makes you feel so big than working out with people smaller than you. 

Thank the Lord, we took a break at 15 minutes. Cause seriously. The walk out the door was only 2 people away and it looked like a great plan!

After I got warmed up, I loved it. We took a few short short breaks, went slow to learn, and had tons of fun. Seriously, y'all. I had fun! I have absolutely NO rhythm. I'm slow. But it was fun! 

And believe it or not, I think I'm going back. For real. 

But we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10