Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekend Recap

I had a busy busy weekend. Like I crashed last night and could not wake up this morning. Let's hope I can have some major down time after work today!

After work on Friday, I went to look at a cute little cottage-y house. It had tons of character, but after consulting with the parentals, they felt it best that I keep looking. Not many cons to the house at all, but they did outweigh the pros.

I then raced to a local Mexican restaurant for a "surprise" birthday party for one of my best boos. "Surprise" in quotes because she knew about it a few days prior. I hate a party pooper. There were so many people that it was a little overwhelming, but I had a blast with my little corner of people and it was a great way to end the week! Happy birthday, B!


Excuse my elephant trunk legs, but I just had to show you how much of a difference this Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs lotion made on me. I've been out in the sun this summer, but still don't have the color that I want. I am afraid of tanning beds now, so this lotion was perfect!!! 
Thanks, Influenster and Sally Hansen for sending to me. I already have several friends that saw the photo, bought their own bottle, and have told me how much they love it!

I woke up early Saturday morning to pick up some tea cookies and head to the beautiful Lost River Cave River Burch Room to celebrate one of my longest, best friend's baby shower. It was Peter Rabbit themed and it was absolutely gorgeous, just like my momma-to-be friend, Whitney.

We are basically the same person, and said it's because we've been friends since Kindergarten that we've been able to handle each other. She's going to be the best mommy to little John Benjamin!


I then spent the rest of the afternoon at TJ Maxx and then to my friend, Meg's house for some food and to hang out. She's also expecting, so we have to squeeze in time when we can. We may or may not have left all of the men and children and headed to Target for some more retail therapy. It's what we do. 

After church on Sunday morning, I grabbed some lunch and spent some time with my parents on the lake. I got a major headache and had to cut the trip short to go home and sleep it off. It was a doozy.  But how gorgeous is our lake?


I had to stop at the grocery to pick up a few things for the week, and wanted some kettle chips. I saw these and thought I'd try them. Well, let this be a PSA- they aren't good. I even brought the rest to my dad today, who likes pretty much everything, and even he didn't care for them. You're welcome. 

I guess that about wraps up my weekend. Here's to a quick, peaceful, relaxing week ahead for all of us! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10