Monday, July 6, 2015

What I'm Reading

I love seeing what bloggers are reading and what they think of the books. These two were recommended personally by friends of mine, and I can't wait to get into them to see what the hype is about. 

I usually only stick to one book at a time, but since both of these are non-fiction, I thought I could handle two at once. I know many people can successfully read two, three, and even more books at a time, but not me. This brain can't keep up! 

First- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. The sub-title, the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing, is something I desperately need to tackle. 



My friend read this, and she said it has honestly "changed her life". The phrase that keeps sticking out in my mind, because she keeps reminding me, is "Does it spark JOY?" Anything I look to buy, she says to ask myself, "does it spark JOY?" I haven't even read the book, and I'm already implementing that one phrase into my life. I can't wait 

Second- Nobody's Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle. I know several bloggers have talked about how great Shankle's books are, and a friend of mine has read them too. The first two are about motherhood and marriage, which I know nothing about. 


This one is on friendship, so I knew this would be one I could relate to. My friend said this was her favorite. She also said she wishes she had a "Gully". I don't know what that means yet, but she said Gully is the type of friend everyone needs. Lastly, since the author's name is Melanie, I had to add it to my list. 

Many of the books I read are based on recommendations, just as these two are. Have you read these? What did you think? What books do you recommend?

Wanna see what else I've read? Find me on goodreads!

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading Nobody's Cuter than You now and I'm LOVING it. You should also check out Sophie Hudson's books if you haven't. (boomama.net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant read more than one book at a time either. I've heard of that tidy up book...and looking around me as I type this, it's clear that I need to read it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. Intrigued by both of these. Looking forward to seeing what you think when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Melanie Shankle fan and I loved Nobody's Cuter Than You! Have not read Marie Kondo's book - but I've heard mixed reviews and probably won't read it. I can't see myself taking the time to thank my stuff and release it to the universe or whatever...I'm more of "done with it, donate it" kind of girl. I'm sure it's a good approach for some people, but I just can't even...😋

    ReplyDelete

09 10