You probably don't know, but I'm a major extrovert-introvert. An ambivert, if you will.
Most people don't know this, but...
- Meeting new people terrifies me.
- I hate small-talk.
- I get nervous super easily.
- The idea of starting new jobs or relationships scare me.
- I don't like huge get-togethers, even with family.
- In fact, I always dread them.
- Talking in front of adult groups is always nerve-wracking.
- I'm always afraid they will think something bad.
But most people don't know this. Heck, even my friends think I'm a total basketcase when I tell them how I feel like I'm an introvert.
- I'm loud.
- I'm super talkative
- I love hanging out with my friends, and am always looking for something to do.
- I'm always ready for game-night or everyone meeting for dinner. (As long as it's a small group.)
- I end up having a lot of fun at things I dread.
- Some may even call me the "funny" one, or the life of the party.
- I love making people laugh.
I was in an interview once in a room full of people I've never met. The principal asked me what one of my weaknesses was. I told him Im shy, and get really nervous around people and kind of clam up. The entire group laughed, and the principal goes, "yeah right!" No one ever believes that I feel shy.
Ya know that saying, fake it til ya make it? That's what I do sometimes. Sometimes I tell myself to just go with it, and I'm comfortable. Most of the time, though, in my head, I'm shy. It just doesn't come off that way, apparently.
This buzzfeed article pretty much sums it all up. And with cute little gifs too. (I still don't know if it's pronounced Jif, like the peanut butter, or Gif, like a gift but without the t. Anyone? Bueller?)
Then I read this article, "On Ambiverts", and it is me to a T.
And then I took this quiz, and oh look!
I'm an ambivert. I told you.
What are you? Introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
And while you're here, why don't you click the "free entry" button below and enter to win that super cute clutch that I'll be giving away tomorrow?
Linking up with Helene in Between today.