Thursday, June 18, 2015

You probably don't know....


You probably don't know, but I'm a major extrovert-introvert. An ambivert, if you will. 

Most people don't know this, but...
  • Meeting new people terrifies me. 
  • I hate small-talk. 
  • I get nervous super easily. 
  • The idea of starting new jobs or relationships scare me.
  • I don't like huge get-togethers, even with family. 
  • In fact, I always dread them.
  • Talking in front of adult groups is always nerve-wracking. 
  • I'm always afraid they will think something bad. 
But most people don't know this. Heck, even my friends think I'm a total basketcase when I tell them how I feel like I'm an introvert. 

Here's why-
  • I'm loud.
  • I'm super talkative
  • I love hanging out with my friends, and am always looking for something to do. 
  • I'm always ready for game-night or everyone meeting for dinner. (As long as it's a small group.)
  • I end up having a lot of fun at things I dread.
  • Some may even call me the "funny" one, or the life of the party. 
  • I love making people laugh. 
I was in an interview once in a room full of people I've never met. The principal asked me what one of my weaknesses was. I told him Im shy, and get really nervous around people and kind of clam up. The entire group laughed, and the principal goes, "yeah right!" No one ever believes that I feel shy. 

Ya know that saying, fake it til ya make it? That's what I do sometimes. Sometimes I tell myself to just go with it, and I'm comfortable. Most of the time, though, in my head, I'm shy. It just doesn't come off that way, apparently. 

This buzzfeed article pretty much sums it all up. And with cute little gifs too. (I still don't know if it's pronounced Jif, like the peanut butter, or Gif, like a gift but without the t. Anyone? Bueller?)

Then I read this article, "On Ambiverts", and it is me to a T. 

And then I took this quiz, and oh look!

Are You An Introvert, Ambivert, Extrovert, Or Shy?
Your Result: Ambivert
You are an ambivert. You are in-between an introvert and an extrovert. You like hanging out with your friends, but you also like doing things by yourself.
Shy
Extrovert
Introvert


I'm an ambivert. I told you. 

What are you? Introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?

And while you're here, why don't you click the "free entry" button below and enter to win that super cute clutch that I'll be giving away tomorrow? 

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Linking up with Helene in Between today.


Helene in Between

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely rocking the introvert + shy combo, and for a long time I think my introversion was compounded by the shyness and I would end up acting even more shy because I thought other people were super aware of my shyness and that made me uncomfortable. As I've gotten older I've started to fake it til I make it, as you say, and also to accept that I am introverted and I am a little shy and that's okay. I need to be comfortable with that if I'm ever going to expect others to be comfortable with it. I'm very comfortable with close friends and family, although I've never been the loud one - just not my personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha- being an ambivert was on my list too, with the same links. I always say "gif" like gift without the T, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so interesting! I bet a lot of us are ambiverts- i think i fit into a lot of these categories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an ambivert too! I wrote about this about a month ago when I was overbooked and exhausted and wanted to hide in my room for a while. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is me to a T. I get really anxious when I'm doing something new and don't know what to expect. Like, I avoided dinner with a friend the other night because it made me nervous to figure out where to park and all at a restaurant that I've never been to before inside of a hotel. I looked it up on Google Maps and was even more confused, so I backed out. Pathetic, I know.

    ReplyDelete

09 10