Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What is it About the Wrecking Ball?

I'm trying to figure out why, all of a sudden, a wrecking ball has become so popular in music.


We all know Miley made it popular with her weird ride a few years ago.




Now Eric Church has a song of the same name.





And again, my current favorite song, Fight Song, by Rachel Platten, includes the ole wrecking ball reference too.





And it makes me wonder, what is it about a wrecking ball that all of these artists want to sing about it?

Kind of like Michelle Pfeiffer all of a sudden. She's in tons of songs. This article  by Carly Mallenbaum even wrote a similar article about it a few months ago.

Where do these artist get their ideas? Why Michelle Pfeiffer and not JLO? Why a wrecking ball and not a sledge hammer?

Maybe "I came in like a sledge hammer" just didn't have the right ring to it.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea either... and if you could tell me what the Uma Thurman song is about, I would appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think because it's a very visual term. We hear it and we can picture the damage and the destruction.

    ReplyDelete

09 10