Thursday, June 11, 2015

Currently: June Edition

I know you're dying to know what I've been up to. I understand why you're so obsessed with me.

Reading: The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst

Shay Shull aka Mix & Match Mama had introduced this on her blog last year and something about it spoke to me. I found it on sale at a local Christian bookstore recently, and thought it was a sign. I bought it and am in the middle of it now. So far, I love it. I've even copied a page or two and highlighted for my mom, whom I thought would benefit from the message.

Listening to: Everything. Here's a pic of my current playlist.

My faves are See You Again, Fight Song, and Like I'm Gonna Lose You.
Side note: I don't watch videos. Like ever, but I watched the See You Again video to link it here, and not gonna lie, I got a little teary-eyed. Such a great song for Paul Walker's part/passing in the Fast & Furious movies.

Wearing: Anything light & airy. It's been in the 90s around here recently, and I hate it. I hate hot weather. Unless I'm on a boat or my happy a$$ is sitting in the sand with the ocean a few feet in front of me, I don't want none of your heat. When it's 3 feet of snow and 10 degrees outside, you won't catch me complaining.

Watching:
Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I'm getting ready to begin the last season, and I'm sad that I won't see Matt or Tim or Tammy again. They are so good. And I love/hate that the series is a short series.

Needing: My clothes from last year to fit. Y'all. Everything is TIGHT! Why can't I be one of those skinny biotches naturally?

Wanting: Something sweet. Like a Butterfinger.

Avoiding: Cleaning. I could write my name in dust on my furniture. I hate cleaning.

Looking forward to: packing up and heading to Kansas City for Silpada FAB. I can't say Missouri has ever been on my bucket list, but I've never been and I'm anxious to cross this state off my list. Not to even mention all of the fun stuff that comes along with FAB. See ya in July, Show Me State!


Feeling: Great! I had been down the past few days because I let the actions of others get to me. But ya know what? They aren't worth it. They aren't worth me worrying or being down or being upset. So good riddance!




2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on hating the heat! I HATE IT. It's 93 today and I'm miserable and hiding in the air conditioning. I would so much rather have a cold, snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that playlist. So much goodness.

    The upside of FNL is that it's great to watch and re-watch!

    ReplyDelete

09 10