Thursday, May 14, 2015

I'm Addicted to Coke

But don't be alarmed, friends.

It's not the white, powdery kind.

No, its of the Coca-Cola variety.



And I just cant get enough.

You see, I love cokes. Sodas or pops, as you all non-Kentuckians call those carbonated beverages. Gimme Sprite, Mello Yellow, Dr. Pepper, Ski, Ale 8, Mt. Dew, Sunkist.....gimme whatever, and I will guzzle that drink like I'm dying of severe dehydration. Just because I love them so much.

I could, literally, drink them all day, every day.

But as every health article reads, they are terrible for you. And water is the only thing you should be drinking.

So I'm trying.

I'm trying to only drink water.

I'm trying not to buy a 20oz. daily at work.

I'm trying not to order a glass of Coke at the restaurant.

But it is hard. So so hard.

And sometimes I do ok. Sometimes I begrudgingly order water with lemon.

And then there are times, like last night at Cracker Barrel, that I caved, ordered a Coke, then proceeded to drink the 4 glasses they kept refilling. I just couldn't resist the fizzy, bubbly, goodness that I had thought about all afternoon.

And it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10