Thursday, April 30, 2015

What’s Up Wednesday (on Thursday)

I’m a day late; sue me.

My favorite Texas bloggers (Shay, Sheaffer, Erika, and their friend, Mel) are involved in a link-up on Wednesdays. Since my Wed are devoted to my Save or Splurge posts, I decided to do it on Thursday. I mean, aren’t rules made to be broken?

WUWquestions

 

What I’m Eating

Monday- grilled pork chops, salad, roasted potatoes and Hawaiian rolls

Tuesday- A late night in BG called for Freddie’s. YUM!

Wednesday- Mexican hamburgers at my parents

Thursday- Meeting a friend at Griff’s deli. Extra YUM!

Friday- No stinking clue! Maybe spaghetti? I’ll go where the wind takes me.

 

What I’m Reminiscing About

High School. I saw a musical with a friend at our old high school last weekend. Memories flooded back about being that skinny and cute and young and carefree. Those were the days.

 

What I’m Loving

I’m loving this spring weather we’ve had this week. Cool enough for pants and long sleeves/sweatshirts, but warm enough to enjoy being outside in the sun! Perfect weather!

 

What I’ve Been Up To

Oh ya know…working working working. I have basically 3 jobs- office admin (full-time), behavior therapist (part-time), Silpada Designs rep (part part-time).

 

What I’m Dreading

Being THE only one of my friends (locally) that is single and childless. It sucks sometimes, you guys.

 

What I’m Working On

The biggest thing is this Silpada business. I’m working my business (slowly) to pay for national conference, and then to hopefully pay off my credit card. Sometimes I struggle with knowing it is “sales”, but I’m having fun!

 

What I’m Excited About

National conference! I’ve never been. It’s in Kansas City, a place that I’ve never been. Full of women similar to me. JEWELRY (my favorite part). Good food. Awesome networking. Let’s get this business started!

 

What I’m Watching/Reading

Netflix watching- How I Met Your Mother. I’m on season 8 and determined to finish it before I move onto something else. Erika and Shay are loving Gilmore Girls, so I may give it a whirl.

On pause on Netflix- House of Cards. 3 episodes in to Season 3 and I’m just bored.

Reading- Most Talkative by Andy Cohen. Loved his latest memoir, so I bought this. Girl on the Train is next for my book club.

 

What I’m Listening To

These are all on my playlist and I love each one. Give ‘em a listen.

1. Shut Up and Dance (remember the video last week?) by Walk the Moon

2. Smokin’ and Drinkin’ by Miranda Lambert

3. Oh, Tonight by Josh Abbott Band and Kacey Musgraves

4. I Feel a Sin Comin’ On by Piston Annies

 

What I’m Wearing

Black leggings or capris and a sheer-ish  flowy top. My “uniform”

 

What I’m Doing This Weekend

No idea. None. Maybe the Southern Women’s Show in Nashville?

 

What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month

Another Silpada show. Lots of markets and festivals. My sister’s birthday

 

What Else Is New

I’ve really been attending church regularly lately (I always did growing up, but stopped several years ago) and just was asked to teach Wed night children’s class (for the summer) and a VBS class. I wanted to be involved in something, and while this may or may not have been what I had in mind, God had other plans.  I don’t really share much about church or religion or my beliefs on this little blog, but this is what’s new!

 

What’s up with y’all?

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be in KC?! You need to go to the Plaza and shop there! There is also really good food in Westport (which is off the plaza). I've lived in KC Foooorever.

    ReplyDelete

09 10