Friday, June 27, 2014
1. I cooked last night for the first time in weeks. And you know what happened? I sliced my finger open. To the bone. Blood gushed out like a volcano. Those last two sentences were a complete lie, but I did cut my finger. And it hurts. Waaaaah.
2. I saw this while perusing Pinterest today. Every blogger in America will be ordering this in bulk simply because it says unicorn. You’re welcome.
3. I was having a pretty blah day on Wednesday, got home, and one of my very best friends pulled into my driveway. She drove over (35 minutes) to hang with me. Technically she thought we had plans. I thought we were kidding. Nonetheless, I was super excited she was there to cheer me up.
4. I’m also going with friend from above to see Katy Perry tonight in Nashville. Can. Not. Wait. This will be my 3rd concert in 3 weeks. I’m not mad about it.
5. I’m going with another of my best friends to buy bridesmaid dresses with the bridal party tomorrow night. I’m sure we’ll eat and celebrate, so that should be a fabulous time. Can you take champs to the bridal store? I feel like I’ll need to be drunk in order to be sized for that dress. Oy vey.
Pretty sure this is why we aren’t eating before….
Until next time, have a fantastic weekend friends.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Well I did.
And it was SO. MUCH. FUN.
I’ve loved Nelly since he sang Country Grammar way back in 2001. So of course, I was super excited about seeing him. Throw in some redneck country boys, aka FGL, and who wouldn’t have a good ole time?
I know this is shocking, but you can actually go to a country concert without a super short dress and cowboy boots. My sister and I were definitely in the minority in our attire.
But first, lemme take a selfie.
FGL with Nelly singing Cruise. They did not disappoint!
Write that down as another successfully fun concert in the books.
Friday, June 20, 2014
1. I got a new pretty princess to add to my collection this past weekend. I first saw it a few months ago, and it finally went on sale. I love it.
2. The Florida-Georgia Line concert is tonight, and I cannot wait! Nelly will be there, and I think I’m more excited to see him! Hello 2002!
3. I’m starving and all I can think about is food right now. Someone bring me a cheese pizza or Big Mac, stat!
4. I’ve been wearing Mocs the past two winters, LOVE THEM, and found some Minnetonka brand ones at TJ Maxx last night. They are grey. When will it get cool so I can wear them?!?!
5. Tomorrow is my sweet niece’s 2nd birthday party! I can’t wait to watch her open her gifts and see her expressions. 2 is such a fun age! Happy birthday, Rae Rae!
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Imagine my excitement when the author of our first book to read in the club, Miranda Beverly-Whittemore, not only favorited my tweet but also replied to it.
I was like a kid on Christmas morning.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
I’m friends with some ladies that decided to start a book club, and let me tell you, I couldn’t be more excited! The nerd in me has always wanted to be in a book club, and finally, I am!
I got to choose the first book, which is a lot of pressure to choose something you think everyone might enjoy. I ended up choosing Bittersweet, a novel by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore.
Here is Amazon’s description of the book:
On scholarship at a prestigious East Coast college, ordinary Mabel Dagmar is surprised to befriend her roommate, the beautiful, wild, blue-blooded Genevra Winslow. Ev invites Mabel to spend the summer at Bittersweet, her cottage on the Vermont estate where her family has been holding court for more than a century; it’s the kind of place where children twirl sparklers across the lawn during cocktail hour. Mabel falls in love with midnight skinny-dipping, the wet dog smell that lingers near the yachts, and the moneyed laughter that carries across the still lake while fireworks burst overhead. Before she knows it, she has everything she’s ever wanted: friendship, a boyfriend, access to wealth, and, most of all, for the first time in her life, the sense that she belongs.
But as Mabel becomes an insider, a terrible discovery leads to shocking violence and reveals what the Winslows may have done to keep their power intact - and what they might do to anyone who threatens them. Mabel must choose: either expose the ugliness surrounding her and face expulsion from paradise, or keep the family’s dark secrets and make Ev's world her own.
I’m really excited about reading this book and then discussing it with this group of friends. I am an English major, if you remember, so this is right up my alley.
Please feel free to read along, and then maybe we can discuss it online next month!
Monday, June 16, 2014
So I was sitting quietly, reading my June issue of Glamour, when I let out the biggest, “What?????”
I was on the article about the hottie McHottie, Taylor Kinney. He’s the sexy guy that played the brother on The Other Woman, and also was on Chicago Fire and The Vampire Diaries.
Anyway, I was drooling away when I read he was dating Lady Gaga.
Lady. Freaking. Gaga.
And my mind was blown.
Friday, June 13, 2014
1. We have a new accounting system at work; we have switched from Peachtree to QuickBooks, and I absolutely hate it. It is so much more complicated, not easy to maneuver, and it has totally stressed me out. Do any of you all use QuickBooks?
2. My brother-in-law has been in Arizona on a mission trip with the youth group at his church, and comes home tonight. Please say a prayer for safe travels for them as they travel back home.
3. I’ve hung out with my sister and niece twice to keep them company while he has been gone. We settled down Monday night to watch Frozen since Raelyn is obsessed, like every other girl under 10, and I had not seen it. That lasted a whole 30 seconds until she was ready to do something else. We “vacuumed” the floor, used the plastic slide to build a tent, played in her “house” under the stairs, played with giant legos, and the list goes on and on. Basically everything but watch the movie. And that’s ok, because she is so darn cute.
4. My friend, Sharna, is working super hard to reach a goal in her Mary Kay career. I told her I’d try to help her reach that goal by seeing if anyone I knew wanted to order. If you’d like to help, or if you need any skin care or color, please visit her site to order: here. Thanks in advance! Let her know I sent you!
5. I’m going to Louisville tomorrow to see one of my very best friends, Whitney, who moved about a year ago. She was my go-to when I was bored, needed a shoulder to cry on, a stalking partner, or just to hang out. I miss her not being 2 seconds away, and I can’t wait to see her tomorrow to catch up. Shopping will also be involved. Duh.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
The lineup included: Charlie Daniels Band, Thomas Rhett (my future husband btw), Lady Antebellum, Hunter Hayes, Zac Brown Band, and Brad Paisley.
Thomas Rhett was SO MUCH FUN! And holy moses, is he not good to look at??? MmmmMmmm.
Lady A and Zac Brown Band killed it on stage. They were so good, and the crowd loved them! They were definitely my faves of the night.
I will be going back next year. For sure. I loved seeing so many different artist at one event play their best songs.
Have you been to the CMA Fest?
Friday, June 6, 2014
I had somehow forgotten to apply my makeup. All of it. I backed into the driveway, ran in the house, and did a 4 minute application. I think it looks the same as usual. Hopefully.
2. I went to Qdoba last night for dinner before making the trek home. I thought I’d be all “bloggery” and take a pic for instagram of the assembly line. I remembered to turn the sound off, but apparently the flash was still on. There was a big burst of light and a few people turned around to see my phone up. Embarrassed isn’t even the word for it.
And it wasn’t even a good damn picture. #epicfail
3. I’m working on letting some things go. I feel like I’m always stressed, worried, or upset about something. Just let it go.
4. I got a monogrammed decal for my car window last week, and I couldn’t love it any more.
5. I saved the best for last. Today is June 6th. And that is Orange is the New Black day. FINALLY! Don’t send out a search party for me this weekend, I’ll be holed up in my living room binge watching Piper, Alex, and the rest of the loons.
Happy Friday, guys!
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
It’s quite obvious that my blogging has taken a backseat these last few months. I just feel like I haven’t had anything to say, which is probably really surprising for those that actually know me.
That being said, I’ve come up with a few things that I should do to step up my blogging game.
+ Post More Often- Currently, I’m posting maybe twice a week, if I’m lucky. I obviously need more exciting things to happen in my life so I actually have some good content.
+ Use Good Photos- This would also require me actually taking a photo from something other than my iPhone and shaky hand. It really does make a difference.
+ Edit Photos- I’m sure every single “good” blogger edits photos before adding them to their post. I never do this. Like maybe just a few times have I done this. Adding this goal to my list.
+ Use GIFs- Every blog that I chuckle when I read uses a good GIF. They make me happy, so that’s the only reason I need to use them.
+ Find a Style- One of my favorite bloggers, and one of the first ones I started following, tends to write the same way, and her posts are usually short and sweet with some photos. She gets to the point. There isn’t a lot of fluff to read through just to take up space. And I like that. That may or may not be my style, but I need one that is me.
What suggestions do you have for me to step up my game?
Monday, June 2, 2014
For the love of all things holy, can we stop with the chevron. I am a chevron fan. I loved it. But it’s everywhere, and I just can’t take it anymore.
It’s cute. I liked it the first thousand times it was done. But I’m over it. Move on to something else, please.
I feel like these have been around forever, and while I’ve never liked them on me because my legs look like elephant legs, I did think they were cute on others. Until they weren’t anymore.
High wasted Pants
Let me make this clear- I’ve NEVER liked this trend. Why? Just why???? There’s a reason these are called mom jeans and they should be left in the 80s.
Sheer Overlay Dress
I hate this so much- the short dress with the long sheer overlay. I just don’t like it. Don’t ask me why. Especially if the overlay is in….chevron!
What trends are you over?