Thursday, May 30, 2013

Veronica Takes Over With A Chocolate Treat

Hello, lovelies. I'm so please to introduce you to Veronica, my May Hello Box partner! She is the sweetest, has a fun blog full of crafts and recipes. She's here today to share the cutest recipe for graduation treats. Without further adieu, here's Veronica!

Hi there!! Melanie was so sweet to let me guest post on her beautiful corner of blog-land today and I am thrilled to be here! I thought I would share a simple, and yummy treat with you all today, but first I should introduce myself. I'm Veronica, the "V" in Adventures of D and V. And you guessed it, the "D" is my wonderful hubby, Daniel. Our little blog is all about our adventures. From learning to cook gluten free, to navigating the waters of marriage, to finishing our basement DIY style, we love living each new adventure life throws our way together. 

Ok, on to the chocolate! Graduation party season is in full swing with college graduations already happening and high school graduations coming up soon! I can remember making these little treats in high school with my mom, but I can't remember where we got the idea from...These little guys are super easy, very quick, and everyone will be very impressed at your kitchen skills (even if you don't have any at all!). 


Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 To make these you will need: 
Rolos (one for each cap), 
Hershey bars (you can get 4 caps per bar),
and Twizzlers pull and peal licorice. 

Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
Use a knife to cut (or if you are brave brake) the Hershey bar into 4 squares of 2 and 4 single rectangles. I like clean edges on my caps, so I use a knife. Keep all the squares of 2, and melt all the single pieces in a little bowl.  
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 Once the chocolate is melted get your Rolos and squares of chocolate ready. Place the chocolate squares "Hershey side up". 
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
Hold the end of the Rolo with the larger circumference, and dip the end with the smaller circumference into the melted chocolate about 1 cm. 
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 Place the Rolo dipped side down on the square of chocolate.
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 Let chocolate cool and solidify. (about 5 -10 minutes depending on the weather and room temp.)
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 Peel 2 sections of the pull and peal licorice off of the others.
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 Keeping the 2 sections together, cut about 1 1/2 inch sections. 
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 Once the caps are set, turn them over, dip the tip of licorice into the melted chocolate...
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
 And place on top of the cap in the center. 
Note: If your section of licorice is to long, it will tip off the top before the chocolate is set. They should be long enough to stick out over the edge, but not to long.
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps
Let the melted chocolate solidify and taadaa! You have a cute little graduation hat that everyone will love to look at just as much as they love to eat! 
Adventures of D and V Graduation Caps

For more fun recipes, cute crafts, and hilarious tales of married life,
 
 
Aren't those adorable? And perfect to take to a graduation party or to give a little box of treats to the graduate! I hope you all check out Veronica's blog. Give her some blog love and tell her I sent ya! 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I wish someone had made me those when I graduated. I love me some Rolo's!

    ReplyDelete

09 10