Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Five- 90s Movies

My girl, Aly from Analyze This, just posted a photo from one of my favorite 90's movies, Now and Then.




Y'all, I seriously watched this movie non-stop the summer it came out. I know I'm not alone when I say I just wanted a tree house full of friends, fake boobs made out of pudding-filled balloons, and to hold a seance in a cemetery. You know you did it too. Right?

Anywho, Aly posting this picture made me think about the other movies from my childhood that I watched on regular rotation. And there are some good ones. Ready?

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter Is Dead



Were you not dying to be Christina Applegate's character? She had a big-girl job and got to wear all of those fancy clothes!

Clueless



"As if!" "I like totally paused!" These phrases were constantly coming out of my mouth. Pretty sure I annoyed everyone around me. And Cher's closet?!?! I'd kill for it now!

Urban Legend



I'm still not comfortable flashing my headlights at people. And pop rocks with soda? Best thing ever. Still.

Pretty Woman



I can't believe my mom let me watch a movie about a prostitute. But it had a happy ending, so it's basically a fairy tale, right? I mean, Kit even calls Viv "Cinder-effing-rella."

Terminator 2



This, I admit, is a little strange. I had a habit of renting movies at the local Cinema-to-go that were much scarier and edgier than any 9 year old should be watching. My aunt would pick my sister and I up on Fridays, get us a movie or two and some food, and we were good to go. This always came home with me.

What movies did you watch constantly? I feel like I need a 90s movie night now. Who's in?

Movie posters were found on wikimedia.org.
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead was awesome! So was Clueless, obviously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Clueless and Now and Then!!! I also watched The Sandlot over and over...and still do at least once a summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was definitely the girl pretending to be a part of Now and Then! I had the book and the soundtrack lol! Oh and Clueless .. "rollin' with the homies"!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these all. Makes me wanna watch them. I feel so nostalgic now!

    ReplyDelete

09 10