Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

I'm a meatloaf fan, but unfortunately, I've never made it. I don't even know how to attempt to put it together.

Then a former teacher shared a recipe on facebook, and it sounded easy enough, so I tried it. I was a little lot scared. And when I took it out of the oven, I may have scrunched up my nose, because it looked a little funny. But I took a bite, and I think the world stopped spinning. It was good, you guys. Really good.



I wish I could take the credit for it, but I can't. I give all the props to Southern Mama- whoever she is. I don't have a link; like I said, it was just shared on fb, but here is the recipe:

Brown Sugar Meatloaf ~~Southern Mama~~

 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger--I didn't have this, so I just left it out.
3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs

Directions:
 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
2.Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3.In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm a HUGE meat loaf fan! This recipe is making my mouth water at 8:52 am!!! Not to mention those beans and mac & cheese! One of my favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete

09 10