Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

With the cold weather finally here, I have been craving hot, feel-good meals. I hadn't made this dish in awhile, so it was an easy choice, especially since it was SO easy to make. 

My sister introduced me to this recipe that she'd found in a book of recipes just for crockpots. I  don't know the name of the book, or I would reference it here. Oops. And I couldn't find my copy of the recipe, so I just used what I remembered. Whether this is the original or not, it was yummy!

Note: I was only making this for myself, so this makes a small batch.
Serves probably 4.

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
-boneless chicken breasts
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1/2 can chicken broth
-1 can biscuits
-salt and pepper to season

Directions:
1. Put chicken in bottom of crockpot.
(I could only find tenderloin that was boneless, and it actually worked better in my opinion. Use half of package.
2. Pour cream of chicken soup over chicken.
3. Pour 1/2 of can over soup.
4. Salt and pepper to season.
 5. Set crockpot on low and cook for 4 hours.
 6. Cut biscuits into quarters.
7. Drop into crockpot and stir.
8. Let cook for appx. 30 minutes or until biscuits are done.

I paired my chicken and dumplings with some green beans, and I have to be honest, the meal was delicious. Even if I didn't follow the recipe, and I cooked it myself.

Seriously, this is the easiest meal ever. You must try it.
And if you do, you must let me know how you liked it.



Technically, I didn't see this on pinterest (like I originally thought I did), but I'm pinning it. Does that count, Stephanie and Katie? ;)

Check out some of my other pinterest projects:
Penny Letters
Sausage and Veggie Packets
Duct Tape Wreath
Ornaments
Coasters
Memo Boards




7 comments:

  1. Oh man, this is making me hungry already!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I definitely gotta try this. PS. I tagged you in a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am craving hot meals too! Seriously! These look great! :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks AMAZING. Yum - defintely going to try it. Sounds easy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm YES this totally counts!! Holy mother of YUM that looks AMAZING!!!! And so easy! God bless the slow cooker!!

    Thanks so much for linking up with us this week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE chicken and dumplings and this is the easiest recipe I've ever read! Do they taste like Cracker Barrels?

    ReplyDelete

09 10