Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend Rundown

Um. How is it Tuesday already? Seriously. Where did that 3 day weekend go?

Since I know you're dying to know what I did over the little break, here we go.

I did a lot of sleeping. Hung out with the fam. Gave lots kisses to a sweet 2 month old. Had a 2 pound dog follow me around like a shadow. Tweeted and instagrammed like it was my job. And actually cooked. Again. Who am I?

And here are the photos to prove it.
Can't get enough of holding this ball of preciousness. And seriously. What's cuter than a sleeping baby?

Lounging at the parents after lunch. Lil Mia did not like being away from home. Here she is sulking because she is 1. in a dress, and 2. not in the comforts of her own home.
How sweet is this face? Who knew I could love a little one as much as I do my perfect little neice.

She finally decided to get up and socialize.

I couldn't sleep Sunday  night (due to sleeping in super late and then napping later that afternoon) so I had some fun with a photo app.

And some more fun with a photo of my sister's dog, Sadie. Have you ever seen a dog do the splits?
I was lying on the couch reading when I heard scratching at the door. I had forgotten I had let Mia outside. Oops. (And I promise it had nothing to do with the photo below!)

A dreary day at home often leads to no-good delicious things. And I blame @MandyShippe for the idea.
I started reading this book. It took forever for me to get into (like 3 days to actually focus and read the words on the page). But it's starting to get interesting. I didn't give up on it, because it's the same author that wrote Bared to You (below), and I liked it, so I kept reading.

Have you all read this one? Crazy similar to 50 Shades of Grey, but still good.

Tired of the dog pictures yet? Mia felt lazy yesterday too.

How gorgeous are these tea glasses? After looking at them, they were in every sidebar advertisement on every website I visited. It's a sign. I need them.

This is exactly how I felt this morning. Exactly.
You can tell it was a thrilling, exciting, adventurous weekend, but sometimes nothing feels amazing!

Even after typing all of this, it still feels like Monday. I was at work less than 30 minutes and spilled coffee on my shirt. I looked in the mirror while cleaning myself off, and my hair had more than doubled in size since I had left home, thanks to the damn humidity. And I honestly feel like I'm in a dream due to sleeping SO hard last night. I didn't even move, and pretty sure I still have those sleep lines on the side of my face. It's going to be one of those days. I can tell. But on the bright side, it's a 4 day week! And in the words of my favorite NY Housewife, Heather, "Holla!"

How was your Labor Day weekend? Was it as lazy and uneventful as mine, or did you do something exciting?

5 comments:

  1. You did get into instagram, for real. ;) Your dog is tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg loveee this! your dog is adorable :) my labor day was def lazy as needed since weve had so many weddings to attend ha. loving your blog! cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend... I don't blame you for loving on sweet baby girl! I'm lucky this week cause I only work 3 days... HOLLA is right! Hope you have a great week, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much cuteness. The baby, the cute little dog in her outfit, and the dog doing the splits?? CUTE. And you had me at sleeping, sex, or bacon.

    By the way, I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10