But the smell was wonderful, so I decided to pick around the peppers and try to meat, which was beef roast. The neighbor had brought over the other necessary ingredients, so I started assembling my sandwich. Fortunately for me, a stray banana pepper had hidden beneath the meat. Fortunately because the taste was surprisingly yummy. I had never ever liked any kind of peppers, but this was so good.
Since that weekend, I have been wanting to copy this recipe, and finally did last night. It was so good, and I had several comments asking about it on Twitter, so I thought I'd share.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is only 4 ingredients and super easy to make. I mean really, I wouldn't attempt it if the ingredients list was forever long or if it seemed complicated.
jar of banana pepper rings
1. Put roast in crock pot. Cover with water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
2. Remove roast and shred with a fork. Drain most of the water/juice from the crockpot. Leave some (about a cup or 2) in crockpot (to keep meat moist). Put shredded roast back in crock pot.
3. Drain juice off of banana pepper rings. Put whole jar into crock pot with beef.
4. With crockpot still on low, let sit and "mari" for another 30-60 minutes.
5. Assemble sandwich and enjoy!
Isn't that easy peasy? If you try this, please let me know how you like it!