1. I got up super early Saturday to go to some yard sales. I'm talking wake up at 5:30 am (I normally wake up at 7 at the earliest) and was exhausted for the rest of the day. I did walk away with some finds; two Christmas deer that light up, a lamp (a smaller version of my target one...LOVE), and a movie. Score!
|This movie. I haven't seen it, and buying it would be cheaper than renting. So whoo.|
2. Yesterday was a complete lazy day (I still had to recover from my early wake up call the day before). I slept in until noon, went to a baby shower, came home and napped for two hours, and still went to sleep by 11:30. I can sleep, people.
3. Osama bin Laden has been killed. (Is anyone else still hesitant?) Anywho- many many prayers to our military and those fighting for our country's safety! I know it's not over, but I hope things are on the downswing so our military men and women can come home! I admit, though, that I do feel guilty for being so happy about a death, but this man was purely evil so....
4. Have I mentioned how much I hate yard work? My mum and I tore out the small forest that was the flower bed when I moved in last spring. We did one side in one day and I was going to do the other side (of the porch) that summer. Well, summers in Kentucky are horrid. Humidity galore and temps close to 100 kept this gal indoors. I finally got around to it this weekend. I dug up the load of azaleas and replanted them in the back around my deck. I had hoe'd (is that the word? Ya know, use a hoe to get the grass up?) up the grass and weeds around the bushes the previous week, so that was done. Then I laid down the liner and staked it into the ground on Sat afternoon too. Now, I just need some rock and a few more plants and it will be finished. Slowly but surely, my yard is getting finished.
|This is my idea of good yard work. Lying in it and getting some sun!|
5. I'm seriously considering selling my Nook. I think about the money that I spent on it, and yes, while some books are cheaper on there, am I really saving any money to offset the cost of the thing? I still like reading the old fashioned book better. I like having it in my hands. I like letting people borrow them, and most of the people that borrow them don't have a Nook of their own. And my Nook seems to be uber touchy. Like I'll be reading it and it jumps to random pages. I think it's just the touchscreen that bothers me. I don't know. I'm just not in love with it like I thought I'd be. Do you all have a Nook? What do you think of it?
What's up with you all today?