Monday, March 14, 2011

Just another manic Monday....

It's Monday. And let me just say, I was not ready for her to roll her ugly  head and wake me up from a deep deep sleep. So why am I so tired? Put your feet up and get ready for the story.

It's pretty normal for me to take a nap on Sunday afternoons. And by nap, I don't mean a little 30 minute snooze. NO. My naps last no less than 2 hours. Every single nap.

Anywho- after all of my visiting yesterday, reading in my new schnazzy, bright green, plastic adirondack chairs in the sun on the back deck,


watching some One Tree Hill on Soapnet, I gave in and made my way to the couch. And I woke up 2 hours later. So of course, I couldn't sleep last night. It happens every single Sunday. Grrr.

So what did I do to pass the time? I searched the internet for random things. If you've been reading, you know I want to re-decorate my bedroom. I was going with the peacock theme last week. But decided since I want to try to sell in a year, I don't need to paint the walls. I've been searching for a comforter for a month now, and keep going back to this sweet one.


It's just so bright, fun, and cheerful. A big change from my current bedroom (pictured below).


So why am I manic? I feel like I spent an arm and a leg for the cute, fun, cheeful comforter set. I'm from a small town in Kentucky. We usually don't buy extravegent items. The $200 Brahmin bag, and the $250 smokey quartz rings were quite the splurge for my small income. And what do I do? I cave in and buy the danged comforter set. It was midnight. Macy's was having a double sale. (The comforter was $75 off AND I received a weekend 30% off.). I was delirious. But you know what? I LOVE it!  I just hope I love it when it comes in!!!  And that's all that matters, right?

Happy manic Monday to you!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that comforter! I think it was well worth the purchase!

    I want to redo my bedroom too...but alas I have no $$ to do so...maybe HGTV Design on a dime can come to me house LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that comforter!! Not that I didn't like your current design, but the new one is so cheerful and spring-like!

    I was in your same boat last night...why do naps have to be so addicting?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY like that comforter, so bright and cheerful. i also really like the bright green chair...FUN!!

    and yay for naps...especially on Sundays!

    ReplyDelete

09 10